help with battery jump start overheat!

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have a short. look for any loose wire dangling. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3DViper:
I put a new battery today (stock-mopar) and everything seems to be working fine, but I just got home from work and when I opened the hood I noticed that the plastic around the battery jump start was melting down and also the wire that connects to it.Please help me, anyone had this kind of problem?

thanks

luis Batista

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Velox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and disconnect that battery but quick until you find the short as it can destroy wiring harnesses or even worse
dead.gif

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luis brought his car by the shop this morning and I found the + post (lug) at the Power Distribution Center (PDC) loose on the inside. If you ever try to loosen the terminal and it's overly tight, like some I've experienced in the past, don't go any further or you may crack the plastic PDC box. Simply remove the PDC from the Toe Box and separate the bottom half to access the nut on the backside inside the PDC. Once this nut is removed, simply pull the lug from the box and put (2) box end wrenches on the lug and it will loosen. The reverse these steps to put it back together. Hope this helps someone! Oh, and don't forget to disconnect the - battery terminal at the battery first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper