Help with Fluids

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could use Redline for my differential fluid, power steering, and transmission. I need to change all the above fluids and I am not really sure what to use other than Redline. I appreciate you recommendation and help. Thanks in advance.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DNTGTBT:
I was wondering if I could use Redline for my differential fluid, power steering, and transmission. I need to change all the above fluids............<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y E S . For Power-steer for sure, but rearend needs an anti-slip additive in the right amount....One of those Redline products has it. Some feedback early on suggested the tranny synchro / blocking rings were adverse to Redline......Castrol SynTorq is now the factory fill......but I think quite a few Viper Days competitors use the Redline. Look for more VIPER DAYSers to comment (please) on this topic.

(Sorry, we do not carry Redline......but we do carry SynTorq)

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We HIGHLY recommend the Redline power steering fluid. We changed it on our cars and on all of the Viper Days cars that we helped prep. Changing the fluid is very low cost insurance against the possibility of an underhood fire due to overheated power steering fluid. The stock cooler is not large enough to adequately cool the fluid in high temperature track running. The solutions are either a larger power steering cooler or Redline fluid. I've a brand new in the box large power steering cooler that had never made it onto my car once we heard about the Redline fluid from Keith Moody at Bobby Archer's.

We have developed an easy process to change the fluid. We **** out all of the fluid in the reservoir and refill it with Redline. Then run the car and cycle the steering from lock to lock several times. Then **** out all of the fluid in the reservoir again. Refill with Redline and repeat the process. After doing this twice you will have at least 95% Redline fluid. The advantage of doing this is that you don't create the potential for a leak that did not previously exist..

As to the differential and transmission we use the stock DC recommended fluids. So this means Castrol SynTorq in the transmimssion and Mopar fluid with Mopar limited slip additive in the differential. We know of no downside of using ths stock fluids and certainly they are best for maintaining your warranty.

I hope that this helps!! Please email me for further info...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mayasa:
a
Here's another fluid question does the car come from the factory with synthetic motor oil or not for the break in when should i switch over?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It comes with Mobil 1 synthetic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang