help with potential ACR purchase...

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a dealer selling privately a 2000 red ACR stock with 15k miles. Asking price is 60k. This dealership will give the owner a call to get feedback on offers. Isn't 60K way inflated for this vehicle with those miles? I made an offer of 50k. Is that dreaming?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
60 does seem high, but im not sure what $ i would put that ACR at

how co-signments typicaly work is someone gives the car to a dealership and says try to get me $XX for it. The Dealer then tries to sell it for XX+YY to make a couple thou.

It would be nice if you could track down the owner and deal with him as he is likely a busy guy trying to git rid of his car and wouldnt mind losing a few $$ on it as he would be paying that to the dealer anyway...

ontilt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a red 02 with 5000mi, I was thinking around 58K.

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I always say,throw em a bone.Sounds like maybe you need to learn about the pricing on these cars. Take time and you'll find what you are looking for.TOM.

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 01 red/black no stripes ACR with just a tad under 500 miles on the clock and its bone stock
would'nt sell it for less than 70K still has DC warranty too not even trying to sell it and had an offer of 69K (cause I told him 70k was my price IF I even wanted to sell, which I don't) from the guy who bought the one below..
01 red/black w/silver stripes ACR 3000 on the clock, bone stock, extra wheels and shocks sold for 59K no warranty left with this one.
So, 50 for the o.p. car is in the ball park if not right there, imo. But don't forget no abs so if you do track with little to no experience out there you most likely will lock em up.

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the offer of 50k was accepted so I guess I have to check out the vehicle and make sure there are no stories associated with it. I am ambivalent about it at this point. I really just threw out 50k thinking it would not be accepted.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get it check thoughly. Put it on a rack adn have the frame checked. Make sure (if possible) to have a Viper Tech look at it.

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK I took a look at the ACR. The window sticker was at 119,000k. I guess it had a "comfort group" or something like that in which the CD player, AC and a few other things were done to it. So when looking at the 119k window and then at a 50k offer..it is very attractive. However, it seems like all of the viper ACR's that I look at with roughly 15k miles are about the same price. The battery on the car is very weak and is holding little charge. It could be due to being stored but that had me worried. Overall it was a beautiful car inside and out. I offered 47k and that I would buy it today and walked out of the door. The dealer said the seller would never go for that. In all fairness, the dealer is not trying to "sell me" or play hardball. He and I talked very openly for awhile. I guess it is me playing hardball because I am trying to find the best deal possible.

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmmm i don't know. It stickered for 107k according to what i saw. Then there were 13k in options. I don't know what options besides a comfort group for about 1200 could be had. I didn't look that closely as I was more concerned about the condition of the car and the weak battery.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I took a look at the ACR. The window sticker was at 119,000k. I guess it had a "comfort group" or something like that in which the CD player, AC and a few other things were done to it. So when looking at the 119k window and then at a 50k offer..it is very attractive. However, it seems like all of the viper ACR's that I look at with roughly 15k miles are about the same price. The battery on the car is very weak and is holding little charge. It could be due to being stored but that had me worried. Overall it was a beautiful car inside and out. I offered 47k and that I would buy it today and walked out of the door. The dealer said the seller would never go for that. In all fairness, the dealer is not trying to "sell me" or play hardball. He and I talked very openly for awhile. I guess it is me playing hardball because I am trying to find the best deal possible.

Let me get this right, you offered $50K - they accepted, so you went to look at it and made them another, LOWER, offer?

Am I the only one that sees the problem here?

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that at this point of the game, I would tell the dealer that I need to talk to the owner.Too many questions to be answered, don't need the middle man.You're probably the only game in town (so to speak).

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me get this right, you offered $50K - they accepted, so you went to look at it and made them another, LOWER, offer?

Am I the only one that sees the problem here?

I offered 50k sight unseen and obviously i said that was contingent upon seeing the car? What i did isn't uncommon now is it? I saw the car and there was a battery issue and the tires looked more worn that was stated. The dealership does not have a rack to put the car on to check the frame and undercarriage. A few things just didn't sit well with me. So I guess I felt like I wouldn't keep that offer as it wasn't as advertised.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..I thought you'd lowered the offer price because of the ugly homemade smooth tubes on that car..

:rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang