Help with RT/10 value

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found a nice 1999 RT that i'm thinking about buying, but have a few questions about what it's really worth.

- 6900 Miles
- 3rd owner (Nebraska for 2400 miles, Indiana for the rest)
- 1 accident report (not a major damage accident according to carfax, just a police reported accident) The guy told me about it and it was a cracked door that was replaced by previous owner.
- I'm not even sure what this is: TITLE (Title #:05082075014) CORRECTED TITLE (Lien Reported)
- Black ext, Black int
- One wheel has a small scuff on it
- Interior is impeccable
- Exterior has not scratches and the paint matches perfectly where door was replaced

I have not seen the car yet. So all of this is according to the seller. Let me know if I left anything important out.

I would like to get your input before I tell you what he is asking.

Thanks for your help

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems like a lot of stories for a 6900 mile car... just my $0.02.. I would expect a 6900 miles car, not to have 1 single mark on it.. Upper $30's, low $40's to the moon. What is he asking?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely the paperwork was incorrect doing the title on the car. Then they had to correct the title, and put the loan on the title. Otherwise the loan was sold to another party and consequently the lein had to be corrected. Possible things that could have happened. Just a guess.

OP
OP
Y

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely the paperwork was incorrect doing the title on the car. Then they had to correct the title, and put the loan on the title. Otherwise the loan was sold to another party and consequently the lein had to be corrected. Possible things that could have happened. Just a guess.

Thanks for answering that one. It didn't seem like a big deal, but I didn't want to buy the car and find out later that it was something huge.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what to say about that particular car you are looking at, but if you are comparing the RT/10 to the GTS model.....

In my openion.....

If you want to get into some drag racing, I would TOTALLY recommend a GTS. The RT/10's are cool for driving down "The Hollywood strip" with the top off and stuff but for drag racing applications the roof can be a hassle and windows, etc... I LOVE my RT/10 and it's a fun car to run at drag strip, but if my finances would allow, I would be in a GTS in a heartbeat. So, I guess I'm trying to say, if want more "Show", go with an RT/10, but if you want more "Go", then get a GTS.

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just to give you a point of comparison, I bought my '99 RT-10 just four weeks ago. It had 3742 miles, Silver ext. / black interior, bone stock, perfect condition - not a mark on it. Both tops, car had never seen weather, and zero incidents / notations on the Carfax / Carcheck sheets. I gave $43k for it and have subsequently added over 1000 miles to the odometer...... :)

I have to agree with Frog, I love my RT, and it suits its purpose perfectly - a fun car to run around in and scare ricers and vettes to death. However, my second Viper (already in long-range planning) will be a GTS - easier to accomodate less than perfect weather, and better suited for serious road racing.
KC

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you want to get into some drag racing, I would TOTALLY recommend a GTS... but if you want more "Go", then get a GTS

The RT has been proven to be faster in the 1/4 mile than the GTS due to its lighter weight.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to get into some drag racing, I would TOTALLY recommend a GTS... but if you want more "Go", then get a GTS

The RT has been proven to be faster in the 1/4 mile than the GTS due to its lighter weight.

Yea, maybe stock for stock or lightly modded, RT/10 vs GTS, but all the insanely fast vipers are GTS for a reason.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think $42k for that car is a pretty good deal. As long as it's mint other than that scuff, its a GREAT deal. I agree that the repair work has to be perfect. Lets just be honest how many people bought perfect cars for top dollar, then need to have paint work done after? It happens a lot, unless it is just clearly a garage queen/show piece, then i would say sounds good.

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my 94 last summer with 2900 on the OD. Car had AutoForm top and Windows, owners manual with all documentation and was flawless. It was also a Hennessey 500 edition, if that really matters. I paid 40K for it and love it. The top never goes on as it never sees bad weather and man is it a head turner. Great fun to drive and every where you go kids are waving and adults are asking questions. Every gas fill up takes 1/2 hour!LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang