???HELP WITH VIPER DASH QUESTION???

onebadviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 RT/10 that is need of a replacement dash. It has the factory grey dash that has become scuffed up. Can this dash be stripped and painted? Have any of you done this? If so, please provide instructions. I believe in 1995 Dadge offered a black replacement as well as the grey. Does the black have the felt feel as the grey one? Part numbers please if possible for both black and grey. Also, will any other year fit?

Thanks for any and all help!

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before:
190Dsc00154-med.jpg

During:
190dash_refinish0001-med.jpg

After:
190refiished_dash_black0002-med.jpg

Paint used:
190dash_paint0001-med.jpg

It turned out very well. It will take a box of S.O.S pads to get the old "FUZZY" off. Be sure to remove all the old black paint around the radio and gauges as well because the new paint will react bad with it. I understand that the 96 black dash is a direct replacement for the grey fuzzy of 92-95 but it will scratch as well and the cost is just under $500.00 for all the pieces from Chuck Tator. Feel free to check my media section for several more photos of the whole process.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Very nice, but what if one wanted to replace the existing flocked finish?</FONT f>

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rub the S.O.S pad very lightly over the old surface running plenty of water over it. This will remove most if not all scratches.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a friend at a body shop sand down mine and paint it to match the body. Check it out:

198NewRedDash.jpg

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
onebadviper,
I kept the Black 96RT Dash in stock [4 pieces]. It fits 93-96 RT's, all you have to do is install it. Then you'll have an extra dash to play with.
If you want to know more about it? Give me a call.
BURNOUT.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte