Hennessey Says No To Trespassing Video

blkwsilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night i got an e-mail asking about the video from my encounter with the pudgy little redhead we all know and love,
my reply was that it would be up on the net soon for everbodys
veiwing pleasure. This is an e-mail received today by the mouse
himself.......

Subj: VIDEO
Date: 06/13/2002 11:26:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: JF531

YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO USE MYSELF, MY BUSINESS OR MY EMPLOYEES IN YOUR VIDEO. WE WILL PURSUE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU IF ANY SUCH VIDEO IS DISTRIBUTED VIA THE INTERNET, ETC.

I SUGGEST THAT YOU CONSULT YOUR LAWYER ON THIS SUBJECT.

JOHN HENNESSEY
-----------------------------------------------

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I don't understand the negative comments regarding John and HMS. I thought everyone was entitled to exercise their legal rights. I'm I wrong or did Bin Laden take over while I was asleep?
usa-clear-s.gif

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blkwsilver, it won't much matter whether he can hire a lawyer or not because he has no legal basis for doing anything, assuming the facts are as you described them previously (you surreptitiously taped your encounter with him at his place of business). If you could pursue legal action for that, 60 Minutes would have put CBS out of business a long time ago.

Ronnie

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
taking neither side in this (my best neutral tone)..

If that were the case, we could sue everyone and anyone that tapes a night on the town or at the park and has strangers on their video without their consent or better yet any major network at any professional game with crowds of people..

How COULD that stand up in a court of law? Perhaps I'm missing something.
I could see if someone charged money to view it and profitted off of it without the other party's consent, etc..

Gerald

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog, how do you not understand all the negative comments about Jon & HMS. People find it ridiculous when they here he is hiring a lawyer, when he has blatantly stolen from so many. That would kind of be like Bin Laden hiring a lawyer against the USA for trying to bring him down.
Blkwsilver, don't let the little thief scare you, get the video up!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does he think the investigative reporter for the local news channel does ? Ask permission of the rip off contractors if he can show them on the 6 pm news??
NO!!
And those videos are done secretly.
heck I saw one on ABC where the guy was reliving himself in the customers back yard while working on there air conditioner!!
Do you think he said okay show it??
NO!

Any one in the U.S.A. can file a sue.. will he win heck no!!!

So please, think it over.. okay done.. now lets see the tape!!
smile.gif

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess jurisdiction would also be an issue; I assume he would have to sue you in your home state (Florida, right?) I know that wiretapping is illegal in many states; but I am unaware of "undercover" videotaping being illegal.

In fact, it was an issue a while back because guys were getting caught video taping girls in bathrooms, their apartments, etc. But, the problem was - the police couldnt charge them with a crime. Not to mention - you were recording without his knowledge - you had the camera in plain view.

In any case, he would have to prove monetary damages resulting from the airing of the videotape in order to jusity any civil action. Remember you can only sue in civil court for damages.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pierce:
I would guess jurisdiction would also be an issue; I assume he would have to sue you in your home state (Florida, right?) I know that wiretapping is illegal in many states; but I am unaware of "undercover" videotaping being illegal.

In fact, it was an issue a while back because guys were getting caught video taping girls in bathrooms, their apartments, etc. But, the problem was - the police couldnt charge them with a crime. Not to mention - you were recording without his knowledge - you had the camera in plain view.

In any case, he would have to prove monetary damages resulting from the airing of the videotape in order to jusity any civil action. Remember you can only sue in civil court for damages.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's funny, I've been through a similar situation.
While MANY would THINK that wire tapping IS illegal, it's a hard one to prosecute. Remember, when you wire tap, you are recording a conversation that WOULD HAVE taken place anyways. There is no entrapment, etc. There is no crime committed. Now with Blkwslvr having the video tape out in plain view is devestating to any case ANYONE could file to show that harm was done...

Lets see the video..

Gerald

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, if the video was left lying around and got picked up by someone who gave it to somebody who dropped it somewhere and was found by anyone who happened to be able put something on the net how you could you be responsible for anything?
yesnod.gif

RMK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's cyrrently happening with the Taig Stewart law suit? My computer has been dead for the past month and I just got my new one set up.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Pam and Tommy Lee" could not be stopped from coming out!
Why stop this?

TacDoc,
is right the tape "got released"!

How many copies of the tape ended up being made?
One for you, one for the police chief, one for his brother,
one for his friend, etc, etc, etc.

who is to say the one on the net is yours?

Roll the tape!
smile.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
blkwsilver,
please update us on this...

can't wait to see this.
if you will not going to show it on the net can i get a copy.
would be great at the christmas party
laugh.gif

JIM

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20/20 Goes into store all the time and exposes scams. I think if you blur his face, nobody would know who it is right???
laugh.gif
It could be any Viper tuner that does bad business. Put the clip up!!!
yesnod.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OutlawZ28:
This message is for Helipilot and blkwsilver and all other Viper owners that have been screwed by this piece of animal dung named John Hennessey...

I don't own a Viper and consider you guys my enemy on the street (I drive a 11 second nitroused Z28).. But ONE THING I do know is that you guys are considered brothers when it comes to **** like this that happens... I feel for you guys big time cause money I spend on my hobby PALES in comparison to what you guys spend on parts that cost me 200 bucks!!! This post is basically to let you know that this whole thread goes WAAAAAAAAAY further than just this board and Viper territory. AFAIK, the entire F-body community has been checking out this board cause we have experienced some similar stuff from a couple of vendors (anyone heard of ARE or KTRE????)...

Either way just to let you guys' know that the entire F-body community supports all of you guys in your quest to ensure that John Hennessey is hunted down, imprisoned, and subsequently *** ***** up the ******** by a couple of guys that used to steal Vipers.... I didn't even spend any money and I'm ********** just listening to you guys....

PS-RELEASE THE TAPE CAUSE EVERY AUTOMOTIVE MESSAGE BOARD IN AMERICA WANTS TO SEE IT!!!!!!

**** John Hennessey and the Viper he rode in on!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Interesting..

dbvettez06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** can't wait to view this one....It has to be SWEET to the many who have been ripped off ....Please keep us informed

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mr. hennessey himself just e-mailed me a THREAT letter for a reply to a post that i made,he said he was making a list of everyone posting negative comments about him so he could sue them for slander.
bs[1].gif

must be a long list
baby[1].gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it ever stop???
He emails other people and degrades them .. I"ve seen friends of mine that send me his emails. The guy is a friggin joke. You should see how he talks to people via email. I cannot believe a person like that can stay in business.

He's emailed me a couple times asking if I'm going to drag race my car at VOI. *** cares? You guys can probably beat me driving a neon for crying out loud. What does that prove? I"m suprised there isn't a class action suit against him for criminal charges if there isn't one already.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with Jim Hall of Halltech. Not the exact same, but I made it a point to let the WHOLE C5 world know how I felt about the guy. Every time anyone posted about Halltech or asked for opinions, I ripped on him. Post the video! It ought to be very entertaining at least and maybe it will shed some light on the whole Hennessey issue. Heck, maybe even Devil Dog will change his point of view. Then maybe he will apologize for almost making me go the distance with him at one of the Viper Club meetings.

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when i got home last night i noticed a bottle of hennessey cognac in my liquor cabnit,couldn't stand to look at that name setting next to some really fine liquor so i poured it in the toilet
laugh.gif