Hennessy Has Customer Arrested

blkwsilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This tops it all Viper fans.... I'm the customer of John Hennessey's that paid for a Venom 650 package plus Brembo Racing brakes, a Penske 2 way suspension , and roll bar but only received about $11,000 of a $38,000 order in an 8 month span. I know you all are tired of the posts but please read on, it gets pretty interesting.

I planned a trip to California for pleasure on a private jet and was told we had to stop in Houston for fuel so I thought I might stop in at HMS to see for myself the man that ripped me off and what his plans to settle up were face to face. I called ahead of time and left a message under a different name as a new customer so John would show up, when we got there his mechanic said to come back in an hour so we went for lunch and came
Back. I brought a video camera so I could get the meeting on tape, when John showed up he saw new customers and $$$$$ so he put on his "Good Ole Boy" smile and welcomed us in. Once inside he notice the camera and asked me to turn it off , I said no and then told him who I really was and that I wanted a straight up answer what he planned to do. You should have seen his face, like deer in headlights he had nothing to say except get out or he would call the police. I refused and demanded an answer but John just stood there like a gutless man and would not talk and called the cops for trespassing. So after repeated non-threatening attempts to get him to talk he asked me and my brother-in-law if we were *** , I replied "Yeah and I'm gonna throw you over that car and f*ck you up the *** like you have been f*cking me for 8 months" , little did I know that comment would be considered a "TERRORISTIC THREAT" , (one of John famous claims) anyway we decided to wait for the police so I could report him for theft , we waited 40 minutes for the cops to come and when they finally came I ran out of tape in the camera and missed the most unbelievable part. The cop listened to John’s side of the story first and said he would hear us after, that didn't happen once John told him about the so-called "Terroristic Treat" within minutes we were both in cuffs in the back of the police car under arrest for trespassing and terroristic threat. The cop would not hear our side and told us we were going to jail and wouldn't even watch the tape, we tried to reason with him but his last name was Walker and he thought he was Chuck Norris Texas Ranger," you’re in cuffs, in my car, I'm writing, and you’re goin to jail". After sitting outside HMS in cuffs for over 30 minutes we were on our way to the Houston City Jail, my camera was taken by the arresting office and we were sent to booking. Two white boys from Florida with a ******** arrest , we were shuffled around , stripped of our belongings , finger printed and sent to a holding cell full of non- white- non Florida boys that were all under arrest for real crimes , drug dealers , buyers , thieves , assault , and a murderer to top it off. After 10 hours in jail and a few phone calls later we posted bail for $1,500 and back on the street at 2 in the morning with an impounded rental
Car, no change of clothes and no bed. It is now 12:30 pm and we are in flight to California looking back at the day and planning our next trip back to Houston. We went from the Penthouse to the ********* in less than 3 hours but now were back in the Penthouse and Hennessey bought some time but the fact remains Johnny still owes $27,000 and if it costs me 10 times that in lawyer fees I will make sure Hennessey gets the same smelly *** cell that I got.

P.S. "Mr. Crack sellin Murderer what do you do when a fat little red headed Viper tuner thief gets put in YOUR holding cell? (In my best Chris Rock voice) The first thing I do is make ‘em TOSS MY SALAD!!!

What do you prefer John? Jelly or Syrup..?????

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it is true get the attorney. To much is said and nothing ever done. Your reply needs to be "Oh yea"

MW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Blue">Thirty - eight - THOUSAND - dollars UPFRONT for mail order parts?!</FONT c>

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy cr#p!

That is unreal. Don't worry, cream always rises to the top. IT will take time, but it always happens. I don't understand why others haven't banded together for a criminal class action lawsuit..
UNREAL!
It kind of shows me how scared he really was, because it's all probably true regarding all the victims. An innocent person wouldn't have reacted the way jph did.
Gerald

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not create a HMS victom topic,,, it would have over 25 reply flames in no time at all!

,Mark C,Marc, No Mercy, Gary A, Geroge, and on and on, lets put our heads together and stop this.

Can we all get on a con (no pun intended) call and take action?

Mark

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the months I have stayed out of this issue. However, I met No Mercy when he recently flew to Houston from Hawaii to see his car (which was completed by another tuner here in Houston).

I can vouch that his story is true and still think its funny he shredded John's check and sent it back.

Anthony

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K. I have never posted to one of these Jonh H. things, but here it goes.

It seems to me, if all these post are true, there are many, many people that have been ripped-off by John H. My question in this: How is this man still in business and not in court? Between the VCA and the Corvette Forum it seems you could get together a pretty large group of people to file a class action law suit. To be honest, I am sick of hearing stories like, "I called John and he told me to *uck off", or "I went to see John to kick his *ss and he ran like a girl", etc... Let's here some real solutions if this scandal is true. HAS ANYONE SPOKE WITH A LAWYER, AND WHAT DID THEY RECOMMEND? CAN ANYONE SCAN A RECEIPT AND POST IT TO PROVE PAYMENT WAS MADE TO JOHN H. FOR SERVICES? Comments or post like this are much more informative, and seem to be what any logical person would do in this situation.

Also, John H. publically announces where he will be (Drag Races, Vol. 7, etc...). If I stole $20,000+ off several VCA people, I would not show my face at VOL. 7. Although, he just might be this arrogant, I don't know him.

I guess my point is this: Lets see/hear some ******** facts as to what's going on here. Create 1 post on the VCA (ONLY 1) that everyone can post to that had/has a problem with John H.,. NO STORIES, JUST FACTS. SCAN AND SHOW YOUR RECEIPTS FOR THE SERVICE THAT WAS PROMISED. ORGANIZE ALL THE MEMBER TO HELP WITH A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. As a VCA member, I want to help any member that has been ripped-off, but this discussion needs to be organized and conducted in a professional manner. Of course, John H. would have to capability to reply to any of these post, etc... LET'S SOLVE THIS ISSUE AND MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely yours,

Onerareviper

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
I would really like to verify this latest incident,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about Texas but in Florida arrest are a matter of public record. Get the name of the arrested, county of the arrest and the date and you should be able to obtain the report.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One or two people crying wolf, ok, it happends, 3 forums and many many people, we have an epademic. We have a criminal in our close and tight club.

So does everyone have to SHOW the paper work to prove "WE WERE TAKEN" by HMS, no, if the courts or the VCA execs want it, or DC, they will have it, but I will not show Visa statements over the net...

Mark

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL!@!! Holy cow! I guess when you don't pay your Fex Ex or UPS bills, how can you expect to pay customers back?

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Blkwslvr was one of the students at the Justin Bell school last September. Heck, I'm one of the ones who suggested he stop by and see HMS personally about the issue.
Oops!

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 03-22-2002 at 07:13 PM</font>

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Mercy,

Now that's the type of information that will convince me of this man's wrong doings....

Mark Cooper Red 00 GTS,

If you come onto a Public Forum, especially the net where people have 6 second civics, yes, I need some ******** facts if you want me to take a side. I think the more people you convince, the better. I understand everyone's p*ssed off (I know I would be), but most of us never dealt with John H. By the way, make a photocopy of the contract/receipt between you and John and white out any personal information, that is if you wanted to post this information. I'm just trying to get the public on your side, and the more info. (******** facts) you provide, the better. And if you convince people here, maybe there will be less victims. Trust me, I'm on your side, as there is nothing worse than corruption...

Good Luck, and keep up the 'Good Fight'.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all the negative is true.I find it hard to beleive that not one corvette or viper owner that has allegedly lost thousands of dollars hasn't held a private talk with him. Bruce

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,
Not that I ever had to be more convinced that he is a crook, but it is crazy to look at the clerks record. In case anyone doesn't know, Ferrea is a company that makes high performance Valves that I believe most of the tuners use in the viper heads. They are listed in the clerks record as well. That helps to explain why I got someones used valves installed in my heads, HMS probably couldn't buy new ones because they were sueing him. Lets keep working boys and gals to expose him for what he is.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce,
As I have grown older I have found that going and having a "chat" with guys like John don't work. When I was younger I had a great record of wins over losses when it came to brawls. Now, no matter the outcome of having a little "chat" with someone like Hennessey, I would be the loser. Jail time should be reserved for someone like Hennessey and not for a pissed of victim taking it out on him physically. I can't believe I just said that, does this make me old or mature? Either way, it scares me.

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blkwsilver:

Two white boys from Florida with a ******** arrest , we were shuffled around , stripped of our belongings , finger printed and sent to a holding cell full of non- white- non Florida boys that were all under arrest for real crimes , drug dealers , buyers , thieves , assault , and a murderer to top it off. After 10 hours in jail and a few phone calls later we posted bail for $1,500 and back on the street at 2 in the morning with an impounded rental
Car, no change of clothes and no bed.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think your race/color meant a **** thing in your predicament,for 10 hours you were no better than those,as you say "non-white,non-Florida boyz" I hope you enjoyed your stay and learned a lesson!

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by TurboSnake on 03-22-2002 at 06:10 PM</font>

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read so many threads about Hennessey and his business practices over the months since I got my Venom 650 back from HMS. To all the disbelievers, if there was ever any doubt hopefully you are now enlightened. I've seen John intimidate and cajole anybody that posts information regarding their negative experiences. I've seen others berated by members of this board for posting their experiences. Guys like Mark Lublin have been relentless in exposing HMS and has received a lot of sh*t for it.

I've kept quiet until I accumulated enough proof that I didn't receive what I paid a lot of money for. I now have sufficient proof in the form of receipts, video tape of the tear down of my engine (wow, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff!), and of course the bottom line--the infamous dyno results that indicate a whopping 466 rwhp after numerous dyno pulls.

I don't have an overwhelming need to convince others of what happened to me. I prefer to quietly collect all the data and take whatever action I feel is appropriate to recover my losses. Sadly, I don't hold much hope given the sheer magnitude of people that are in the same position as I.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should make sure that all the auto mags that give him free advertising to attract more prey are aware of his actions. I think I will forward them this thread.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wonder why he is still a member on this board.
pissed.gif

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where there is smoke there is fire, all the BAD POSTING ABOUT TUNERS ALWAYS ENDS WITH HENNESSEY. I believe his business practise leaves a lot to desire. The COMMON DENOMINATOR with rip-off's is HENNESSEY in the viper world even over sea. Action must be taken to protect the name of honest tuner's my getting rid of this CANCER.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Cooper Red 00 GTS VA:
Gary,

Sorry to hear about the findings, I saw your car up there and the proof is in the pudding I guess.

What horrors did you find in the motor?

Mark

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark,

I'll post the results when the engine teardown is complete. I'll even post pics of the used roller rockers (they look like they were taken out of somebody's junk box) or the stock cam, or the stock pistons, or ... well, you get the idea.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

Sounds like you got the HMS shaft but good. Sorry again, At least you know that now it will be done by a pro and bult like it should have.

I guess you were not happy with your Venom 446,,,, Ha Ha!!!

HMS Strikes again! I saw your brakes, they look great with your rims.

mark

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Cooper Red 00 GTS VA:
Gary,

Sounds like you got the HMS shaft but good. Sorry again, At least you know that now it will be done by a pro and bult like it should have.

mark

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely! After Jason Heffner gets finished with his magic, I'll have way more than I thought I was getting from HMS at less than half the price! Now that's amazing!

Jason's supercharger setup and his trick intercooler is very slick! (wow wee wow wow wow!). I'll keep you posted.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperholics,

O.K. Now I'm freak'in convinced. The hard-core facts I wanted to see are present in this post. Now as a VCA member, I would like to help these victims any way possible. Remember, THE VCA IS OUR CLUB. Someone that rips our own members off should not be allowed to advertise on the VCA in any way, and should be banned from this forum IMHO. Although, I am only 1 of many members. Maybe the members that have been ripped-off can compose a petition and send it to all VCA members. With enough support and signatures, I'm sure something can be done to stop this injustice. I'm sure you'll have to utilize the courts to try and recoup your losses, but hopefully we can stop any more horror stories. THIS IS OUR CLUB!!! TAKE ACTION!!!!

ONERAREVIPER

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235