Hennessy Has Customer Arrested

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we'd loose alot of online members, cuz he's got a LOT of aliaes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Although they are very easy to pick out.......

Gerald

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimDavis MT 97GTS 650R:
A simple question, why would you expect other people to sign a petition you are not willing to put your own real name too? No guts, no glory!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim,

I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering if he'd done business with HMS too, from the sound of it, you'd think he had. Or has he? Remains to be seen. But wanting to remain anonomous on a <u>crusade</u> he's starting.........ok, you got me on that one.

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture can't be a hennessy viper.. To many parts still left to sell!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its mainly the texas guys that defend him... which makes sense, because if i was going to screw someone out of money, i would prefer them to be as far away as possible (ie sweden and japan).. you cant screw your neighbor because he will be at your door everyday wondering where his money and/or services are.

go figure.

- eddie -

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
edit

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by getbit on 01-10-2003 at 07:42 PM</font>

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan,
One of the best things you could do for everyone else out there is tell exactly what happened to you. Believe me, many new people are on this site all the time. Many people also don't know the type of business John runs, so your story will help stop someone else from getting ripped off. Start a new thread though, this one is old news.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan:
This is a request. I too have been victimized by Hennessey and see the only logical approach to this is for all of us victims to swamp the Texas Attorney General with complaints. The AG specifically states that if his office receives enough complaints he can take action in the public interest. Let's accommodate him. The AG now even has an on-line complaint form.

https://www.texasag.org/forms/cpd_form/cpd_getcounty.asp

Mine's on the way!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take it to him, don't give that crook a rest,
also note what Marc is saying - Post your story here(new post-
bring it to the top) and at the 2 other Viper boards.
John Hennessey is active right now trying to organize a
drag event. Get a list of the shops and tuners that are
participating and forward your story to them.
John does nothing for the Viper community without a payoff-
and he see $$$$

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc Lublin:
Alan,
One of the best things you could do for everyone else out there is tell exactly what happened to you. Believe me, many new people are on this site all the time. Many people also don't know the type of business John runs, so your story will help stop someone else from getting ripped off. Start a new thread though, this one is old news.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Don't forget to post it on the C*rv*tt* forum, as well as other Viper forums.

I hate the idea that there are more potential victims out there.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan,

lets hear your story!!! I hope John Hennessey doesn't use scare tactics against you to not post your story. Also don't let his "the check is in the mail" or "we'll pay you back shortly" routine work on you! Stand firm and lets hear the situation!

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks, if JH is everything that has been written about him then I would strongly suggest the following action(s):

1.) There has been much documentation posted on this and many other forums regarding the alleged practices of JH. Please continue to post the facts so the informed can continue to educate the uninformed to keep them from falling prey to such unethical practices.

2.) If there is such overwhelming evidence in existence, create a website designed to collect people's names and information about how to collectively unite.
CAUTION: DO NOT refer to, associate or connect VCA or any other organizations since these are personal matters between you and JH and/or affiliated businesses.
Remember one extremely critical fact, the allegations must be based on written evidence, not verbal opinion.

3.) PLEASE!!!! Never send money to someone for services rendered BEFORE services have been rendered. This is a business transaction. As such a contract should be involved clearly stating what is expected of all parties, including penalties for breach of contract, and not just the cost.

When I purchased my Viper several months ago, I clearly outlined in my own homegrown contract what was expected of the Buyer, Seller (me), and Lending Institutions, with penalties clearly and explicitedly detailed IN WRITING. I included statements about penalties if certain conditions of the sale were not.

Do the same with work to be performed for you. For example, include statements like....work performed on your Viper is to be completed by a certain date...or...workmanship/performance (what it was before and what was promised after) is not as originally indicated within. But be fair, if content is not equitable to both parties, I would not sign it either. If any changes are made afterwards, with agreements by BOTH parties, then where the new agreements are written into the original contract both Seller and Buyer put their Initials and Date (mm/dd/yy) next to each and every addition. Have it noterized by a 3rd party if necessary.

Overkill you think? Ask the people who entered into these agreements with JH if they had a "detailed" agreement. I think many did not.

I am not trying to be an "I told you so!", but more learn from the mistakes that you, and I, have made.

This is not just a monetary issue, but ethics and values too. No one has a right to prey on anyone else. We all work hard for our money.

I hope this helps fellow Viper Owners...best of luck!

Tim

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know a few people that for 10k would take him out to lunch for a really long dinner at sea... i would recomend this

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he has ripped off people since 1976

look at the court cases

i say he is taken for a fishing trip

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by KepRght on 01-22-2003 at 05:06 PM</font>

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by KepRght on 01-22-2003 at 05:07 PM</font>

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: [******] Has Customer Arrested

The sht I hear about this guy is unreal.Why do we still deal with a scmbag like this? After so many people get screwed over why do people keep going back to this *****? Close this scmbag down once and for all.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank god I never dealt with him. I truly think that I would be in jail for a long time. Not for tresspassing either. I think JH would truly know the definiton of GREEK STYLE after I visit him. The ironic part was last night on the radio I hear some rapper singing this song. It says I get HIGH HIGH HIGH, LIKE DRIVING A JH VENOM VIPER.AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

WAR JH YOUR A FAMOUS RAPPER

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DONOTDELETE AND KEP. I would truly delete those comments about hit men. You might get arrested for saying sht like that on a public forum. If this guy gets hurt, trust me they will use your post. Deleted it

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i don't think that anyone would take them seriously

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

its like larry flyn and fawnwell

vd..

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Digging up a 3 year old post.

I have heard very little negative [******] about JH in the past 2 years. He provides a positive image of our Vipers to the high performance public. Many owners covet some of the parts that [******] created (fascia, wings,etc) and his cars perform vert well. My take is that he has paid for his past problems and has seemed to make amends.

Only those with direct experiences should be able to post and propagate this kind of stuff. And I have not read any of that type of post in a very long time. So I believe it is time to quit bringing up the past and allow John back on to the board so he can defend himself. And to allow his name to be typed in a post as well.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Has everyone (that he owed money to) been paid back? If not, then he shouldn't make another dime off of VCA members until he has made FULL restitution...better yet, leave it up to the people who have been cheated. They are the one that have truly been injured in all this. I was thinking about buying a set of iForged rims from JH, but decided against it after reseraching all the problems.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey BACKNBLACK, Your village called, they want their idiot back......

This is 2005 not 2003.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Has everyone (that he owed money to) been paid back? If not, then he shouldn't make another dime off of VCA members until he has made FULL restitution...better yet, leave it up to the people who have been cheated. They are the one that have truly been injured in all this. I was thinking about buying a set of iForged rims from JH, but decided against it after reseraching all the problems.

Guess you also agree that no one should buy at K Mart or Sears since all of the previous share holders have not been compensated (and they took a heck of a lot more money than Hennesssey ever dreamed of).

While I agree that a company (or individual) should use good practices and keep their patrons happy throughout their existence, I am most concerned with the here and now. That is what is the recent customer experience and not a historical perspective. Next thing you know you will be holding a 3rd grade spelling test against me for my posting errors.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron, how would you feel if you were the one that got stiffed? Put yourself in the other's shoes...you could one day be there. Btw, your Kmart example is rediculous. I also suppose you'd leave your children at Neverland ranch for a sleepover with M.J. (joke). John took money (lots), stripped cars of parts, just to name a few things...and from the sounds of things has no intention of making full restitution to his "victims". This goes beyond a business disagreement or questionable business practices. Its outright fraud. If you want to send John a boatload of money then go right ahead. I am having a Twin Turbo package installed on my '98 GTS as we speak. I chose to go with SVSi. HME was never even a consideration. There are just way too many reputable businessmen/companies that can serve my/our needs without the risk of John running into another "bad" situation.

Btw, I have no skin in this game...however, I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with unscrupulous companies/businesses. Its no fun.

Just my .02

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The K Mart example is the same thing on a grand scale. Justified by a court but stealing from the previous stock holders just the same. If you had 10k or 100k in their stock and it went up in flames one year and the next year K Mart "purchases" Sears you would feel different.

Now would that prevent me from buying their stock now? No, not if it seemed to offer the best risk/reward benefit available.

BTW I have not heard bad things in recent times about [******]. That does not mean they have not existed but it is not apparent. What is the statute of limitations to you? Forever??? And, since we have not heard, how do you know that restitution has not been or being made?

I for one lack evidence to continue to hang [******] as I have had no direct dealings. I feel others that also have had no direct dealings should do the same. Second, third and beyond information is NOT trustworthy, no matter what side.

Edit: Note you cannot even use H's initials or name here. Can you name one other company or individual that has achieved that same permanent status? Has there been no other bad company here?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave