Hi Everyone

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the boards. My name is Leo and I am the proud new owner of "dallas's" 2004 SRT-10.
I hadn't owned the car more than 1 day and met "allblack" briefly :)
Any ways I'll be around and would appreciate any feedback you guys would be willing to give a newbie like myself.

Later

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Leo. First and foremost change your screen name. How the hell can we call you names if we have to type out 1b3jz65z44100570? ITs too long and doesnt roll off the tongue.
Is this the car you bought? If so, its badass.

8372dallas-med.jpg

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Car. Love the hoops. That car is one in a very few that has Startech rims and the roll hoops. They no longer are available. I just love those hoops. tried to get them for myself but was unsuccessful. they dont make them any longer.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Leo. Welcome and congrats on your car! I had talked to Dallas before he sold you the car and your car is GREAT!! Love the Motons and the Belanger sounds sweet!! Hope to see you one day.

Cheers,
Phil

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this your first Viper? If so, have you considered a driving school? I'm not saying you can't drive, but a Viper will hurt inexperienced drivers in a heartbeat. Don't floor it if your not pointed straight, and drive it like there's an egg under the gas pedal. Does the gen III have the problem with the power steering cap coming off? They would loosen up on the gen II, and the power steering fluid would spill out onto the exhaust and ignite. Check the oil EVERY TIME before you drive it. A 10 minute trip in a Viper takes 30 minutes, and if you find yourself trying to think of an excuse to drive it, it's perfectly normal. Please don't ask what wax to use on this site, and don't mention the "Vip-air" intake. Become a member of your local and national Viper Club.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this your first Viper? If so, have you considered a driving school? I'm not saying you can't drive, but a Viper will hurt inexperienced drivers in a heartbeat. Don't floor it if your not pointed straight, and drive it like there's an egg under the gas pedal. Does the gen III have the problem with the power steering cap coming off? They would loosen up on the gen II, and the power steering fluid would spill out onto the exhaust and ignite. Check the oil EVERY TIME before you drive it. A 10 minute trip in a Viper takes 30 minutes, and if you find yourself trying to think of an excuse to drive it, it's perfectly normal. Please don't ask what wax to use on this site, and don't mention the "Vip-air" intake. Become a member of your local and national Viper Club.

Gimme a break, if you can't ask what wax to use, we would all run out of our supply of posers............Zaino is my choice.

OP
OP
S

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is my first Viper and have always wanted one. I've mostly had turbo cars in the past like RX7 twin turbo and still have my Audi S4 twin turbo, but the torque just wasn't there :)

I do have some driving experience through performance schools. Was actually at BMW track day couple of weeks ago with S4. But I knew before I bought her that I'ld have to be gentle and get to know her a little better. LOL

Drove to Whistler couple of days ago and opened her up a little. Very nice!

My agenda is to:
- Cut Polish
- adj excessive clutch pedal play & conv latch
- look into Dyno & DC Performance Computer as posted.

Car doesn't really need anything, dallas did a very tasteful job on the car.

Definately have to hook up Phil & Allblack.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Leo/SPARTICUZ

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Leo thats defenetly a badass car! Hope to see you on the streets soon :) .

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
"Chech the oil EVERY TIME before you drive it???"

I think it is you that needs to check your car... that is not normal, and absolutely not necessary in a new car!!!

BTW, those wheels... AHHHHH!!!!! My absolute favorite for the SRT!!!! GORGEOUS!!