History Of a Viper GTS

mclarengts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I have seen a Viper that im interested in. My question is how do I find out the history of this car? does anyone know how to find the previous owner(s). Also what do you all think about the price? Its $32,500 In the write up it says that the color combo is pretty rare. Its silver with blue stripes. Its not on ebay, or cars.com, or autotrader. Its on the auction site that dealers use. but I have included all the info listed and pics
Thanks

Viper is stock except for exhaust work and suspension/wheels Beautiful silver with blue stripe paint scheme, very rare 1-22 built and in the low miles and you have a special car here.

Year: 1998
VIN: 1B3ER69E7WV401202
Make: DODGE
Body Style: Coupe
Model: VIPER
Doors: 2
Trim Level: GTS
Vehicle Type: Car
Odometer: 18,900 mi
Salvage: No
In-Service Date: Not Available
Title State: TN
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Title Status: Present
Engine: 10 Cylinder
Drive Train: 2 Wheel Drive
Displacement: Not Available
Interior Type: Leather
Transmission: Manual
Top Type: Hard Top Roof
Exterior Color: Silver
Stereo: Not Available
Interior Color: Black
Airbags: Not Available

You must be registered for see images attach

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a great looking car, and a even better price! Buy it up. Carfax is good for what you pay for, also talk to Chuck Tator and I think he'll set you strait from there.

-Tim

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carfax is good for what you pay for

-Tim

It doesn't hurt to get a Carfax, it'll tell you where and how many times the car has been registered and may indicate previous damage. However, Carfax isn't worth a damn when it comes to false-negatives......i.e. if the car shows clean it may have had a wreck that wasn't reported. Worse yet, that old wreck may be reported/listed by Carfax two, three....even five years from when you buy it and you're stuck with an unclean Carfax when the car you bought looked clean.

Carfax is some data, but don't take it to the bank....do as much research as you can.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to get a Carfax, it'll tell you where and how many times the car has been registered and may indicate previous damage. However, Carfax isn't worth a damn when it comes to false-negatives......i.e. if the car shows clean it may have had a wreck that wasn't reported. Worse yet, that old wreck may be reported/listed by Carfax two, three....even five years from when you buy it and you're stuck with an unclean Carfax when the car you bought looked clean.

Carfax is some data, but don't take it to the bank....do as much research as you can.

^^^^^ What he said! Worth the $30 or $10 I guess if you get someone here to pull it, but don't take it too heart for good/bad its mearly a referance.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If 1 of 22 is important to you, have your local dodge dealer run the vin, and make sure it has two paint codes. If not, then the stripes are aftermarket, and it's not 1 of 22. Still a great looking car, and if you like it, go for it.

OP
OP
M

mclarengts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the Autocheck

GTS Warp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a nice one at a great price. Awesome color combo too. Snap it up or someone else will!