Hit a deer tonight!!!!

moldowan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You gotta love american steel....er fiberglass I mean.
Coming home from dairy queen after a delicious peanut buster parfait I was turning into my subdivison rounding a blind corner at 25mph all of a sudden my entire windscreen is filled with a full grown doe. I slam on my breaks and TC engages bringing me down to about 10mph before I hit the grass munching ******. My wife is napping in the passenger seat and wakes up SCREAMING bloody ****** to see a deer upsidedown legs flailing like crazy on top of the hood!!
as the car stops the deer slides off the hood over the drivers side qtr. panel!
I'm in shock and I look out my side and the deer rises up looks me straight in the eye grunts and staggers of like a drunk college kid at a frat party!
My house is only 400 yards away so as Im thinking gotta get out and inspect the damage my wife is saying "I hope the deer is ok... is it alive??" I'm saying if it is I'm gonna get my 458 weatherby and change that!-LOL
Bottom line: absoloutely NO damage... Not even a scratch! The car was so well waxed the deer slid like he was on a slip and slide.... and now is totally water proof with a nice coat of zaino!!!!
cheers,
Moldy

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet you were the one with the deer in the headlights look! Sure glad bambi didn't scratch the car with the hooves.

Peanut buster parfait is the only way to go at DQ :2tu:

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear that nobody was hurt and not a scratch on the car. I guess Zaino can now market their polish as 'deer repellant'.

ViperKSA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hit a deer with my new Audi (not even 500 on the clock) last year and unfortuneltey it did significant damage. but luckily no one was hurt. That's what really matters at the end of the day.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unreal, glad to hear things worked out for the better...
Crazy deer is going to have one serious hangover. lol

OP
OP
M

moldowan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If i was going any faster the deer would have gone over the windshield and landed in the cockpit of the car- that would have been interesting!!!!!!!
-moldy

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were very lucky. Most meetings of the kind you described end up with the loss of some doe and some bucks. ;)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a car rental company and average about 10 totals per year from deer. Here is my latest. It must have been one huge frikkin deer. I self insure and the deer didnt have insurance. I hate deer!

Moldowan, I glad to hear the Viper, I mean you and your wife, our OK:)

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta love american steel....er fiberglass I mean.
Coming home from dairy queen after a delicious peanut buster parfait I was turning into my subdivison rounding a blind corner at 25mph all of a sudden my entire windscreen is filled with a full grown doe. I slam on my breaks and TC engages bringing me down to about 10mph before I hit the grass munching ******. My wife is napping in the passenger seat and wakes up SCREAMING bloody ****** to see a deer upsidedown legs flailing like crazy on top of the hood!!
as the car stops the deer slides off the hood over the drivers side qtr. panel!
I'm in shock and I look out my side and the deer rises up looks me straight in the eye grunts and staggers of like a drunk college kid at a frat party!
My house is only 400 yards away so as Im thinking gotta get out and inspect the damage my wife is saying "I hope the deer is ok... is it alive??" I'm saying if it is I'm gonna get my 458 weatherby and change that!-LOL
Bottom line: absoloutely NO damage... Not even a scratch! The car was so well waxed the deer slid like he was on a slip and slide.... and now is totally water proof with a nice coat of zaino!!!!
cheers,
Moldy

Man! what a story!

Glad to hear that you and your wife are ok!

I have hit my share of those 4 legged critters thru the years, but mostly with my Tahoes...and they do considerable damage... yep, you are right..most accidents happen within 5-10 miles from your home...that is a well proven fact by State Farm. I love your 458 Win. magnum comment...lol...I prefer a nice sharp broadhead though!

And the above post by Bob Pantax.... about a loss of a doe and bucks!...lol

Count your blesings....

Dave

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feed those critters in my back yard. Get daily visits from 4 deer and several other night animals. Two of the four were pokka-dotted fawns this last year. One of them has had an encounter with a car because it has a gimpy rear leg. Saw a most impressive buck earlier.

I guess I am lucky, but have never hit or come real close to a deer or other animal (except for one squirrel and a few birds) in 45 years of driving millions of miles. But, I am careful and watch constantly to the sides of the road (a good trait I guess I learned from riding a bike - death is easy on one of those), so that is part of it.

ViperPilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think there is more to the story...

I was just over on the other forum (fastdeer.com) and there was a post from one of them describing a great Viper kill. The deer claimed to be completely stock and said he was at least 4-5 car lengths in front of you and pulling away fast when he got slowed down by the traffic. He claims the poor brakes (and lack of TC) on the Viper weren't enough to get slowed down and cause the Viper to rear end the him.

At this point he was a little disoriented, but says he got right back into it and left the Viper in the dust. The deer did have a video camera but hasn't uploaded the video yet.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is more to the story...

I was just over on the other forum (fastdeer.com) and there was a post from one of them describing a great Viper kill. The deer claimed to be completely stock and said he was at least 4-5 car lengths in front of you and pulling away fast when he got slowed down by the traffic. He claims the poor brakes (and lack of TC) on the Viper weren't enough to get slowed down and cause the Viper to rear end the him.

At this point he was a little disoriented, but says he got right back into it and left the Viper in the dust. The deer did have a video camera but hasn't uploaded the video yet.

lol :2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My house backs forever wild and 10 deer were hanging around the past couple days. I drive especially cautious in my neighborhood needless to say. Also there are groups of wild turkey running around. Ugly things. Glad you, your wife, and Viper are all OK.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you,your wife,and your Snake are all ok!Most car vs.deer encounters dont' turn out that well.It's a common problem down here-so many deer,they're a ****nuisance!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala