Hit Deer on way home from local car show - need advice

frank364

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
On my way home from a local car show and just before my subdivison. Bam. I hit a deer.
Thank God I was only going 40 and everyone is ok.

My Viper is a 2006 Coupe Black with Silver Stripes.

I have Travelers Insurance.

Parts needed: Right Quarter Panel, Right Headlight Assy, and Front Facia repair and paint (minor scratches)

Insurance Issues: At this time they have only authorized "Repairs" for my quarter panel until a repair facility can identify otherwise. Refer to pix (sorry, taken with my cell phone camera)
Agent seemed willing to supplement any repairs in future, so I don't think it should be an issue.

I need advice on a reputable viper repair facility, someone who has experiance with vipers and can deal with insurance companies. (Atlanta Area)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2011-10-02_19-34-14_756.jpg
    2011-10-02_19-34-14_756.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 2011-10-02_19-33-53_126.jpg
    2011-10-02_19-33-53_126.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 326

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad no one got hurt! Cars can always be replaced or repaired! Good luck with fixing her back up.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That actually looks fairly minor for a deer hit. Glad everyone is ok! I had one of those buggers hit a 2001 Insight I used to drive. The thing nearly knocked me off the road and kept on going. Insight needed $2500 in repairs.

Good Luck.

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad your okay, and I am surprised you don't have more damage, viper is tough car!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
With how cheap new, factory painted body panels are now - I would think a replacement would cost the same as trying to repair?

I've never hunted deer, but after taking one out with my range rover (or should say, having the deer take out my range rover to the tune of $8k), I'm thinking of starting to hunt!

OP
OP
F

frank364

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I agree, I was expecting more damage. Just stinks that the weather here is finally cooling off and I was looking forward to running her
this weekend at the corvettes against ****** cancer at the Atlanta motor speedway. But I believe all things happen for a reason.

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky...I have seen pics were the animal entered the vehicle through the
Windshield, killed the occupants and mostly exited out the back window, in chunks...

Being low to the ground may be an advantage and deflected the deer.

Glad to hear you are ok -

In Alaska some unlucky people have hit a bull moose, can't imagine that carnage.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Parts of America might have a fender in stock, I would try for a replacement...they might even have a black one

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't look like any kind of damage that would keep you off the track, maybe the message from above is ,

"Don't worry about scuffing up your car, dive balls out!"

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I was expecting more damage. Just stinks that the weather here is finally cooling off and I was looking forward to running her
this weekend at the corvettes against ****** cancer at the Atlanta motor speedway. But I believe all things happen for a reason.
Frank, what are you talkin' about (this is the perfect time to go racing) now you can let it all hang out. Just make sure if you're gonna skim the wall it's on the front right quarter panel! Just Kidding, glad you're ok.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't look like any kind of damage that would keep you off the track, maybe the message from above is ,

"Don't worry about scuffing up your car, dive balls out!"

Frank, what are you talkin' about (this is the perfect time to go racing) now you can let it all hang out. Just make sure if you're gonna skim the wall it's on the front right quarter panel! Just Kidding, glad you're ok.

I'm with these two guys! I wouldn't let that little damage make me miss a good event like CABC! If you want to hide some of the damage, find some black duct tape, tape it up and let's roll! You live in GA, ducttape is perfectly acceptable! :D

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since no one has answered your question, I have a suggestion. Find out which body shop your local Ferrari dealer refers its body work to. The shops that do that work are generally the best in town.

Call Ferrari/Maserati
ATLANTA

Address: Address
11875 Alpharetta Highway
Roswell, GA 30076

678 - 802 - 5000

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're OK, could've been much worse. Call JonB, he's helped many members work with insurance companies ... in addition to repair costs, there could be some dimenished value. Document your repairs well.

I'm with these two guys! I wouldn't let that little damage make me miss a good event like CABC! If you want to hide some of the damage, find some black duct tape, tape it up and let's roll! You live in GA, ducttape is perfectly acceptable! :D

:lmao:

Since no one has answered your question, I have a suggestion. Find out which body shop your local Ferrari dealer refers its body work to. The shops that do that work are generally the best in town.

Good advice, I was able to find an excellent body shop via a local Lambo dealer.

OP
OP
F

frank364

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your advice, I feel much better now. I am off Friday from work, will call for parts then.

Your right, what was I thinking? I will plan on being there Saturday. I can imagine the looks I will get coming off the track with front right side damage, I will play it off like it just happend. At least everyone will stay out of my way after that. LOL

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my part by reducing the deer population by 1 in my neighborhood.

IMG_20791.JPG

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit apig on the road once, recieved a summons two years later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte