HMS pratices

Reaction score
Back in 1992 there was this guy named John Hennessey. He started this shop called Hennessey motorsports. Anyway he made these cars go really fast. He did bolt ons, heads and cam, and then moved on to other parts of the viper.

Anyway, the whole thing is about this guy in 1992 who made these cars called Dodge Vipers fast. His name was John Hennessey. He opened up a shop Called Hennessey Motorsports. To this day they are still making cars with performance packages.

I guess what Im really trying to say is, In 1992 there was a car called a Dodge Viper. Then I don't know if you have heard of him, but a guy named John Hennessey decided that he would open up a shop and call it Hennessey Motorsports. They build and make these cars go fast.

If you have any other questions about the year, names or makes of cars please email me. I will give you a little more info about this story in 1992.

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame that such a talented car tuner has gone and done such things that not only trashed his own personal reputation but has gone and put an inexcusable dent into another mans life (and many more apparently). Like many i was shocked to hear of all these events over the past few months and for a younger dreamer like me, it was like a brick to my face. I wish luck and hope that all goes well for those who are owed so much because no-one deserves to be betrayed they was they were.

Question, what is the news on the actual company Hennessey Motorsports? Was John the evil in a good company or was the whole business crook? I know many good people actually left Hennessey knowing what was going on. It seems John Hennessey himself is going down, will the company fall with him or will it continue to do business? I don't really see much of the point actually, reputation is burnt.

Rowan.

Oh and by the way, i believe John Hennessey has been banned from posting but i'm not sure? I do know his sponsership has been removed from the whole VCA site.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by OrecaGTS-R/T on 02-26-2002 at 06:30 AM</font>

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes it's best not to add fuel to the fire. I'm assuming that's the reason for lack of on-line responses from JH. I can't blame him there.

I always try to remain neutral, but the horror stories do keep popping up. Who knows what's real though?

If I believed everything I've read, I would assume Gerald has a Gerbil farm in his backyard.
smile.gif

Steve

painexpert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TJ,I have dealt with HMS and have spent a great deal of money on my Viper with them.As I have stated before on these posts;my experience with John has been absolutely horrible!He has NEVER answered one of my emails and to this day I am unhappy with the way my car runs.When I have previously posted negative comments concerning HMS and the way that they handle customers,John has sent me emails asking why I am posting these negative comments.When I then email him and explain why I am unhappy with his service,I never hear from him.Two adjectives that describe John's personality best are 1)ERRATIC and 2)UNRELIABLE.Do a search on this site and other sites(i.e.,corvette,etc)concerning HMS and their practices and if that does not open your eyes,nothing will.I would never send my car to HMS again.Bob

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TJ,
I will refrain from saying all that I am thinking because I don't need any fights. You can sniff out a company in trouble and a company doing things right? Are you serious? Just check the Better Business Bureau. I don't know how you could ignore all the people who have gotten royally screwed all with such similar horror stories. What do you think, these people are just jealous of HMS like he says? Sh*t, I'm jealous of Doug Levin (or should I say, the people who's cars he supercharges) but you don't see me saying anything bad about him. Funny that John would say it's all BS. Did you expect to say, "yea, they are right and I've been ripping people off left and right?" Believe it or not the those Houston Viper guys have sort of have a good old boy mentality and take care of thier own. Don't get me wrong Texans, I think it's great that you guys look out for one another. Kind of like a club where your brothers got you back. But I did hear from one of those texans mouths that he knows what JH is up to and doesn't think it's too cool. Great job doing your research, you have spoken to a few happy customers. Now why don't you speak to the unhappy ones who have been ripped off and mistreated by him. I'm one, email me and we can exchange #'s, unless you think i'm just more internet BS. Maybe you will be one of those people who will attack what I say here, either in the forum or by email, only to email me a year later apologizing and telling me how you were screwed (that exact thing has happened.) Hey in the end it's your dollar, good luck, hope you are one of the lucky ones!

Reaction score
Just for the record, no deposit was required of me when H.M.S. built my 650R back in the early spring of 1999. I paid for the work when it was completed. The car was delivered back (late) but within two months of the agreed completion date. Since that time, H.M.S has stood behind it's 3 year warranty, working with my local dealer to address and correct most issues I had (all from 2000 miles away!)

Regrettably,in light of the present controversy, I would be reluctant to recommend H.M.S. I would like to say however that my personal experience with the company was satisfactory!

painexpert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TJ,you have completely missed my point in posting.I am not trying to "beat up" on HMS.I am simply trying to help anyone from making the mistakes that I had made(dealing with HMS).If I had known about these problems with HMS from MANY others on this forum before,I would have avoided doing business with them.I truly wish you good luck in dealing with John.I just did not have a good experience.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TJ,
While I am not inclined to give you the name of my business, to my knowledge I have a perfect Better Business Bureau rating. Try to get your facts straight, HMS did not refund me. Amex credited my account after HMS did not respond within the allotted time on the dispute. Tony did help me, like I have explained in other posts. I will not talk for him about why and exactly how, but you might want to. It's true that basically by not responding to Amex, HMS did refund my money. You say you are an intelligent guy, why do you think he parted with $5715.00 which he already had in his pocket? Obviously it's not to shut me up, because I have and will keep trying to protect others from the bad HMS practices by posting here. Gee, for me to give someone back almost six thousand dollars, I must have done something wrong in the first place. Think TJ!
When I got back home last night and started to check this site I was thinking, this guy TJ is either connected with HMS in some way or really stupid. Then I didn't see any post from you and thought, ok he must realize he is making a mistake and is taking the time to really do his homework and speak to people who have had bad experiences, or maybe even talking with some X employees. After reading what you later wrote, I really hope you are connected to him. If not, you are one dumb son of a bi*ch. That being said, good luck! I will give you no further help or responses here.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading all the posts on this thread especially the comments by TJ, I absolutely agree with TJ, you should let John do your car I think you will be very happy with it.I think all these guys are making all this negative stuff up too, because I have just been hearing too much bad stuff for it all to be true.I mean who in there right mind would beleive a story like that guy who said he sent his brand new viper to John along with 140,000 dollars and he never got his car back and when he went to check on it 8 months later it didn't have wheels or a hood, and now he has no money and no car, yeah right thats a good one.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
After reading what you later wrote, I really hope you are connected to him. If not, you are one dumb son of a bi*ch. That being said, good luck! I will give you no further help or responses here.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, now it has come down to name calling people who are just thinkingabout doing business with Hennessey Motorsports.

I guess if you can't talk sense into all the VCA members, berating them and challanging their intelligence should do it just fine, Mr. Lublin!
clown.gif

I think your point was made a long time ago and just as others can search threads for info on Hennessey, they too can search for your warnings.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by jamie furman:
After reading all the posts on this thread especially the comments by TJ, I absolutely agree with TJ, you should let John do your car I think you will be very happy with it.I think all these guys are making all this negative stuff up too, because I have just been hearing too much bad stuff for it all to be true.I mean who in there right mind would beleive a story like that guy who said he sent his brand new viper to John along with 140,000 dollars and he never got his car back and when he went to check on it 8 months later it didn't have wheels or a hood, and now he has no money and no car, yeah right thats a good one.

Jamie, ....Perhaps you should read HMS thread titled :A humble reply" ....It sounds to me that perhaps the guy did get beat out of the money and the car. If you read between the line HMS said it was a BIG order and the guys car would be returned to stock. Doesn't that sound like the guy may have told the truth? Just looks really bad for HMS, and their have been way too many members posting omplaints, both here and on the Vette forum, can thay all be fake? Doubt it!

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
I think all these guys are making all this negative stuff up too, because I have just been hearing too much bad stuff for it all to be true.I mean who in there right mind would beleive a story like that guy who said he sent his brand new viper to John along with 140,000 dollars and he never got his car back and when he went to check on it 8 months later it didn't have wheels or a hood, and now he has no money and no car, yeah right thats a good one.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Jamie; that's not a made up story. John admited there were problems (i.e. A Humble Reply) and said he was working on fixing them. I hope that the end result is a happy customer.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you guys don't perceive sarcasm too well, huh?

I am pretty sure Jamie was just being sarcastic... uh, more than pretty sure actually
smile.gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pierce:
Actually, Jamie; that's not a made up story. John admited there were problems (i.e. A Humble Reply) and said he was working on fixing them. I hope that the end result is a happy customer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cmon MOD get with it. Jamie was being sarcastic... Of anyone I thought a mod would know the online personalities by NOW! hehe

laugh.gif

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got me there... I was sincerely confused as to why he of all people posted that. Guess I should have slept in like I wanted to.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to use HMS. I thought he was the mac DADDY!!! Still think he is one of the best! He was very professional and offered me a no money down, super deal on a 650R package! I was gonna do it anyway even with all the bad reports. But when i thought about everything involved and the amount of money, I changed my mind after committing to him! I emailed John and he responded in a understanding way. I will purchase another viper in the next year and If all problems are settled or are less in number im gonna send him a car. Right now i Just wasn't comfortable! I hope he hires a business manager to help him deal with the public. I have complaints all the time. As the BBB says You can turn a lemon into lemonade!!! Use Wisdom in your decision and you will be fine!
David