Home Made Mr Clean

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I finally got a digital camera and now have to share all of my stupid stuff. Anyway, I though some of the other posers on here might find this useful.

A few years ago I was having a lot of problems getting ****/iron in my hot tub water. We have city water that is supposed to be good. But every time I would fill the tub I would have an orange **** ring in a just few hours. So I came up with an effective cheeseball way to filter the water. I got a cheapy whole house water filter and added quick connects for the garden hose. Works like a charm for the tub. It’s amazing how much crap is in tap water. The filter is usually orange after a fill.

Why is the Viper related? I use it inline with the hose when I wash my car. I’m sure its all in my mind, but I swear I get less water spots now.

4355Filter1-med.jpg

4355Filter2-med.jpg

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good idea, alot of the newer houses now come with a main watering filter system.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much reduction in water flow do you get? The Mr Clean system works well at eliminating spots, but it takes forever to rinse a car off because of the low flow caused by the filter.

DrDJ

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but it takes forever to rinse a car off because of the low flow caused by the filter.

DrDJ

read the directions, you are supposed to rinse the soap off with the regular stream and then rinse that water off with the filtered water, your car probably has tons of soap still on the car.

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Mr. Clean is only like $20.00 or so, how much was the filter with fittings?

It's been a few years now, but probably about $20. Filters are something like 2 for $7.

Mr Clean has more than just a filter. I made it mainly for the hot tub, but it works good for the car too.

I don't notice any difference in pressure. These things are made to filter a whole house, they flow pretty good.