Hood Weight - Vipair CF

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference in weight is between the Gen IV OEM hood and the Vipair Carbon Fiber Gen IV hood? Thanks!

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have actual numbers, but I have the double sided one and the weight difference is substantial. If you get it, be sure to get all the factory foam seals.

OP
OP
I

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. When you say the weight difference is substantial, what do you mean? The 2 sided CF hood is substantially lighter or heavier than OEM?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2 sided is lighter,

the pin on is wayyyy lighter

If you have a coupe I have a carbon lightweight race hatch ready to go Saves 50+ lbs

OP
OP
I

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 2 sided is lighter,

the pin on is wayyyy lighter

If you have a coupe I have a carbon lightweight race hatch ready to go Saves 50+ lbs

I have an ACR. Can you bolt a wing and attach the factory glass to a carbon hatch? Price?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an ACR. Can you bolt a wing and attach the factory glass to a carbon hatch? Price?

I have had ACRX's run the carbon lightweight hatch with a lexan rear and WIN races, car had my pin on hood as well, 100 lbs+ off the top definitely helps with stopping and cornering.

I have one lightweight carbon hatch with a lexan already mounted in a crate ready to go, $3000. these are usually $3495 plus the lexan

OP
OP
I

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That setup look awesome. I was under the impression that the 50+lbs of weight savings was from the hatch, not the glass. Mine is still a street car so no lexan for me. You don't happen to make the louvers/vent for air extraction behind the front wheels in carbon fiber by chance?

OP
OP
I

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm crazy about carbon accents and saving weight. I'll give you call next week to talk about things.

Viper-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are considering a solid CF hood, make sure you have a roll cage installed... because in a front end collision the hood will cut through the A-pillar and probably decapitate you.