Hood will not close......

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as the rollers are in the guides, I push down dead center in the front of the hood, (with a soft cloth under my hand of course, hehe!). I use a good deal of force. Give that a try. Good luck!
Laura

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look under the hood at where the hood hinge bolts to the hood.This are the points at which you want to apply your pressure.And as Laura said use a good deal of force.If you push to close to the front it will be harder to close.Hope this is of some help.Tom

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this same problem when I received my snake a week and a half ago. Although I was sure I could fix it by adjusting the bolts that secure the latch assembly on the left side (facing the hood), the dealer convinced me to bring it in and let the experts handle it as it is under warranty. I held the shop light while the shop foreman/Viper Tech wrenched and between us we got it just right in about 15 minutes. We also had to adjust the latch on the right side so everything lined up perfectly. That is the ONLY problem I've had and I'm soooo happy!!! Just got back from another Viper-Fix!
You must be registered for see images

"A luxury once sampled becomes a necessity!"
Don Bennett aka BigsViper

P.S. The dealer said push down over the latches or you can push down inside the scoop, just use a 100% cotton cloth to protect the finish!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to adjust the hood stop on the side that is not closing properly. You can try yourself, but as it is a 96 , it mught be good to let a dealer adjust the whole hood , as it might be slightly out of whack due to age. One item is on closing, and please don't place your hands on any edge. The idea of using the Naca duct and placing your palms on either side is usually the common spot to close the hood from, as the brace under the hood ( which is about 4 inches higher than the top of the NACA duct ) is hard for some to visualize and even ackward for shorter folks to push down from. Most of the hoods require a decent amount of force, but as previously stated, it might be time to get the stops adjusted and the hood aligned,professionally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth