Horsepower Challenge - September 17 - Colonial Heights, VA

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And to make matters worse Mike, the memory card was not in the camera. Oops. I didn't get any of those pics. Doh!

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it was a great cruise down and back. Nothing like driving a 1000hp Viper in the rain with slicks. :rolleyes: . I do want to thanks the 5 Vipers that did cuise down, it was alot of fun, despite the weather and canceled show.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sorry to hear about how things went down on Saturday. As bad as I feel about it, I am sure Mike (Alpine) feels even worse. Not sure if anyone RSVP'd to him with their cell number and it appears even he got caught out with the cancellation. I know I have been in similar situations where something has happened and I haven't had the information readily available to reach anyone. We are all far from perfect and by the sounds of things, it was out of Mike's control. All I ask is that we forgive the inconvenience as someday we may find oursevles on the other side. Mike is a super good guy and I know without question, he would do anything in his power to have prevented this occurence, had he known beforehand.

I was also glad to hear the the Fab Five, newly named of course, navigated I-95 safely in the rain.

Going forward, having a member opt-in contact list is in order. Who would like to handle this task?

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I think this would be beneficial, I'll take the lead on the "Opt-In" Contact List in order to prevent like matters in the future.

John, I'll PM with you my ideas on how to do this to get your okay before going forward.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I think this would be beneficial, I'll take the lead on the "Opt-In" Contact List in order to prevent like matters in the future.

John, I'll PM with you my ideas on how to do this to get your okay before going forward.

Mike - I'll PM you with my cell number as I believe I have a lot of cell numbers to the crew up here....

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This event has been scheduled for OCTOBER 22, 2011, with a bad weather date of OCTOBER 23, 2011. Same location and times as before. They are providing a bad weather line and point of contact information so if there is bad weather we can be warned ahead of time. I am also working on things to avoid any mishaps like last time.

I hope everyone can attend as this is a great event and for a good cause.

If it does not take place as currently scheduled, it will be postponed until next year (at which point I'll end up with some cool trophies).

I'll keep everyone posted as this develops.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be a problem as the second crab feast of the year (fall crab feast) is scheduled for 22 October 2011.

Any comments on that?

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that this is the date for our second Crab Feast of the year. However, the Horsepower Challenge is part of a larger event, Christmas in September, held by the Oldies but Goodies car club here in Richmond. I had no input on the date. As such, I understand if many of you cannot attend due to this conflict. I still hope some of you can attend as it is for a good cause. But, it may give some of us "weaker" Vipers a chance at the King of the Hill this year!!!

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that this is the date for our second Crab Feast of the year. However, the Horsepower Challenge is part of a larger event, Christmas in September, held by the Oldies but Goodies car club here in Richmond. I had no input on the date. As such, I understand if many of you cannot attend due to this conflict. I still hope some of you can attend as it is for a good cause. But, it may give some of us "weaker" Vipers a chance at the King of the Hill this year!!!

Just a heads up.... If it is left on this date I am sure many of us will be attending the crab feast as it is much closer and a larger turnout than any other Viper event I have been to.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It stinks that they re-scheduled on the same weekend as the Fall Crab Feast. The events are geographically pretty far apart, so hopefully one won't rob from the other. As a side note, I will have to run the Fall Crab Feast this year, as Gus will have had surgery and be unable to drive.

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that this event was rescheduled for the same weekend as our fall crab feast, and I again apologize for that any confusion we had about the rain-out last time. However, I'm hoping that some of you can make it down to support this good cause and to helps us put up a fight against the Vettes!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will send something out. The events are far enough apart where I don't think they will draw the same members.