Horsepower Challenge - Viper vs. Corvette, Sep 19, 09

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howard,

Email me all the details so I can send it out to Membership. I plan on coming down again this year. Perhaps we can get a Caravan to come down from the North again.

John,

See your email. Sorry I put this together and somehow failed to send it last month.

Howard

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have sent an email out to the Tidewater Region about a caravan up to Richmond. Tom won't be able to make it. If I did not get you in the email please PM me on here and I will get you in there.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We will be judging the Corvettes at the event so we will need to draft some of our members to be judges. The Corvettes will be judged by generation with generation three split into two groups. We have sheets worked up to guide you on judging. I expect about 50 Corvettes. We're going to need lots of Vipers to win this year!

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Richmond radio personality Tony Booth is going to briefly stop by our event Saturday. Tony is on 107.3 WBBT from 3:00-7:00 PM Monday through Friday and from 8:00 to 12:00midnight Sunday. He also substitutes on station in Northern Virginia.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could make it down today. The weather couldn't be better!! Hope someone takes a few pics...

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We lost the Horsepower Challenge to the Corvette Club of Richmond. They had 14,001 HP to our 8,275 HP. We had 15 Vipers to their 44 Corvettes and we couldn’t overcome the sheer number of Corvettes even with our supercharged Vipers. There is always next year!

Mike Menke won “King of the Hill” with his 2006 coupe with 836 HP at the crank.

The winners in the judged portion of the event were:
  • Generation 1: Greg McGowan, 1994 RT10
  • Generation 2: John Rodriguez-Hardy, 2001 GTS
  • Generation 3: Mike McNeil, 2004 SRT-10
  • Generation 4: Randy Steck, 2008 SRT-10 Coupe
I’ve got some pictures that I will post as soon as possible.

I want to give a special thanks to Mike Sitton who helped with printing chores, horsepower tallying, and judging. I also want to thank those who judged the Corvettes and especially those who came to help support the Children’s Miracle Network.

Last edited:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard, once again you did a great job. It was a pleasure to come down to Richmond and meet some of our other club members. I had a great time and thanks again for the invitation.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard as usual you did a great job.

I knew when I pulled in and saw the most Vettes this side of Bowing Green, we were in trouble. But the more the merrier. I am a Vette guy too so I enjoy seeing friends in both clubs.

There was a guy there impersonating Alpine. Not sure who it was.

Unreeel--great meeting you and seeing that sweet white Mamba.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The total raised for the Children’s Miracle Network at the event was $9,290.33. This was down from the usual $20,000+ raised in the past however considering the economy it was a good day. In addition there were hundreds of cans of food donated to the food bank.

Thanks to all who participated.

Howard

P.S. I’ve got some photos that I will post soon.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HP001.jpg

HP002.jpg

HP003.jpg

HP005.jpg

HP006.jpg

HP007.jpg

HP008.jpg

HP009.jpg

HP010.jpg

HP012.jpg

HP013.jpg

HP014.jpg

HP015.jpg

HP016.jpg

HP017.jpg

HP018.jpg

HP019.jpg

HP020.jpg

HP021.jpg

HP022.jpg

HP023.jpg

HP024.jpg

HP025.jpg

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
44 out of a billion vettes made vs 15 out of around 25k Vipers made... I think Vipers made a better showing! :D

But what really matters are the kids... good job to both clubs! :2tu: