How about the BF Goodrich's...Anyone tried em?

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the BF Goodrich\'s...Anyone tried em?

BF Goodrich Comp T/A's are more than 100 bucks a piece cheaper than pilots....

Would it be a major sin for me to try them?

Seeing as I NEVER want to baby my "baby", I need pretty good rubber that I don't mind leaving on the ground.

Who's tried em? Come on, admit it!

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How about the BF Goodrich\'s...Anyone tried em?

I'm not responding to your question about the BF Goodriches 'cause I haven't tried them, but I noticed this thread the other day wherein JonB offers up some inexpensive "Burnout Tires".
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/007763.html

Just don't buy the last set since I want some!
cool.gif

Here I go helping another vendor!
usa-clear-s.gif
patriotx.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Since you don't want to " Baby your Baby " , keep in mind that there are 4 Viper Days events in your state next year, and BFG's would put you in the Unlimited Class against guys with engine mods and Hoosiers. The small savings you made will put you in a class that will make you very uncompetitive, and the Michelins were designed for the car ----- BFG , who knows. Just a thought.

OP
OP
T

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WHAT?! It never occured to me that using a different BRAND of street tire on my car would keep it from being considered "bone stock"...That seems rather silly! What if Michelin stops MAKING Pilot Sports? Does this mean I can never compete in a stock class again after my tires wear down? Sheesh! Seems pretty arbitrary to me.

Fine! I'll get the Pilot Sports.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Todd,
Michelin sponsors the Series, so yes it makes sense to run their tires. Like most series there is a spec tire, and fortunately Vipers come with Michelins and they sponsor the series. Any DOT Michelin is okay, and I was was just trying to warn you in case you planned on competing . Another big advantage is Bobby Archer is at all the events, so if you had a flat or flat-spotted a tire, he would probably have one to replace it and get you back on track. With so many drivers on Pilots, it is also easy to get advice on tire pressures, etc. at the varying tracks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302