How are they selling?

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do have a legitimate gripe, those of us that have Stryker Red ordered have gotten no information about when it will be available, at least I haven't. Anyone, anyone

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I do have a legitimate gripe, those of us that have Stryker Red ordered have gotten no information about when it will be available, at least I haven't. Anyone, anyone

Did you get a VIN # at least?
Up here in Canada it's even more frustrating! I have a legitimate order in..got a VON and everything .. but still have no idea if I'm going to get one!

Not WHEN but IF!

Very frustrating!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I have been around for a while and have upgraded every car I have owned (almost) and I have owned a lot more than you. Yes suspension, cooling, lubrication, weight, etc. Its just part of being a car enthusiast, we can't help ourselves. I am sure the GenV suspension works great and considering that none of us have given the new car a real test, the point is rather mute at least for now.

So what, every toy I've owned has been modded to hell and back because I love speed. But none of those cars were 120-150K! At this price point, the suspension has to work from the factory period! No excuses, no BS! The fact that the ride is mentioned in a negative way in every comparison test is telling. So is the fact that woodhouse is stocking up on Motons! Sorry as a viper owner and future gen 5 owner when it's sorted out, I find this disturbing!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think most of the custom orders (not a Launch Edition, or Adrenaline Red Track Pack Viper) are in the same boat- most haven't begun production. I was told that the engine line is starting up again this week, and the rest of the line (frame, Etc.) re-starts next week. They had some quality issues which are apparently now resolved. My Stryker Red order still shows "Production Scheduled" status on the Chrysler VOTs site, is this what yours shows?

https://www.chrysler.com/vots/

I feel for Vipernut, as she said, she's not even in Production Scheduled status yet.

As an aside, if your Stryker Red's VIN has a 5 in the 6th location from right, like mine does, they will need to re-issue your S/N as they are with mine. I was told that the re-issuing of the S/N will not postpone my delivery date. The 5 is for pilot cars, which cannot be sold and must be crushed at some point. Good lord, please don't crush my Viper, LOL

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what, every toy I've owned has been modded to hell and back because I love speed. But none of those cars were 120-150K! At this price point, the suspension has to work from the factory period! No excuses, no BS! The fact that the ride is mentioned in a negative way in every comparison test is telling. So is the fact that woodhouse is stocking up on Motons! Sorry as a viper owner and future gen 5 owner when it's sorted out, I find this disturbing!

I agree that it's fair to expect the suspension to work well, and it worked well enough at Laguna Seca to beat the Ferrari 458, Lexus LFA, Audi R8 V10, Nissan GT-R, and a bunch of other supercars. So it works very well, amazingly so for it's price. It didn't beat the Corvette ZR1, which now holds the track record, so SRT has some work to do. But I'd say it's working pretty damn well, for a pilot car fresh out of the gate. I'm optimistic that it will improve, I think you'll find SRT respond with better tires and other goodies. But it is possible that it won't beat the ZR1, which should be commended for it's world-beating performance. I can live with that. I hope we beat it at some point, but for me the Viper does not have to be the absolute top track king at every track for me to want to own it.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup and the ZR1 is a variation of a mass produced and diluted base model with a very low price point so they're constantly seen everywhere. The difference is the corvette is a mass produced car made by assembly lines and robots 30,000 times annually and the viper is a hand made exotic supercar with a production number of a couple thousand. I realize that the ZR1 performance wise is apples and oranges when compared to the base corvette but there is very little styling separation between the two which for me makes it less special. I see corvettes on the road constatntly. I've seen fewer than 5 vipers from any and all generations on the road in my lifetime. I could've purchased the ZR1 for tens of thousands less than what my gen V order itemizes. But i'm not a race car driver and i knowingly chose the slower car that cost more, because its special.

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup and the ZR1 is a variation of a mass produced and diluted base model with a very low price point so they're constantly seen everywhere. The difference is the corvette is a mass produced car made by assembly lines and robots 30,000 times annually and the viper is a hand made exotic supercar with a production number of a couple thousand. I realize that the ZR1 performance wise is apples and oranges when compared to the base corvette but there is very little styling separation between the two which for me makes it less special. I see corvettes on the road constatntly. I've seen fewer than 5 vipers from any and all generations on the road in my lifetime. I could've purchased the ZR1 for tens of thousands less than what my gen V order itemizes. But i'm not a race car driver and i knowingly chose the slower car that cost more, because its special.

GM announced a short while ago that they plan to produce 40,000 next year.........that's 8 cars per hour. :omg:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are not stocking up on Motons, we are making sure we have plenty of MCS systems though as we believe that is the superlative product at present, and we are not trying to chuckle, since we have always tried to have alot of suspension systems for folks who want to lower or enhance vehicles for specific reasons ( alot are for track application). Feel I am being redundant, but this is a set up for the SRT, not the GTS, so please let's get the price point right --101,990 base price. At 120 to 150 ( though we only have one car at 150K ordered ) it would be a GTS and it has the super cool electronic set-up. Have driven them three times now and in normal mode it is a boulevard cruiser - in track mode it is stiff, as it should be. Since we mod about 80-90% of our customer's cars we will hopefully have in stock lots of things to personalize, though we realize many things will come out later when all the proper R&D is done.

We are far from disturbed , as it is very interesting to see current Viper owners moving up, as well as the folks coming from Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche , Vette, ownership also seem to want to do mods. I think after all the VOIs I have attended it is just part of the Viper DNA, it is a car folks like to really make their own.

Viper owners have always modded or accessorized their cars, just isn't rationale to expect that to change imho.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed that McLaren is updating the electronics at no cost to the owner. Makes sense as that's what almost all electronic product sellers do, provide updates for a specified peroid of time as part of the maintenance contract. I'll be intersted to see if this move by McLaren catches on as an inductry standard. :dunno:

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing the Engineers at SRT very well ( and the suspension guys are both accomplished racers ), the SRT comes with a really well tuned system, but like many things on any car, it can be modded -- this is a trait that many customers love about Vipers.
Are these the same accomplished racers that rolled the SRT Neon during one lap of America in 2003 (I remember rolling that one back over), and did in a white Dodge Challenger in a more recent one lap of America? Maybe instead of having a nickname such as Kowalski, they should use Crashowski!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now Hoosier Daddy we know you have never been off the track, ha. Heuschele and Winkler are both SCCA National Champions, and Winkler is the Driver that set the record of 1:33 at Laguna. Eric H. just did a 200 mph run that many have watched the video off-- it was on one of the roughest open road tracks I have seen ( the boy has Viper cajones ).

Couldn't ask for two better guys to be developing the Snake, as they are true track rats, and both quite accomplished. As to your question, I do not believe either was driving in those events, but regardless, racing does occasionally mean going off track as you well know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets