How come nobody runs the Pilot Sport Cups?

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or maybe some do, but I never hear anyone talking about them.

I've talked to a few Porsche guys who are running them and they said they prefer them over any tire they've ever used for street/track use. Moundir talked about them a few times one here, they have almost full traction/grip of a drag radial but with the awsome cornering ability of a performance tire. Seems like a win win situation to me, and I've heard nothing but raves over other makes from other vehicles.

But it seems guys on here prefer something like Khumos's or other brands when apparently these are a much better tire all around. I'm very interested in them, but was wondering why when other people mentioned them on here nobody really cared or said anything, is it because of price or something? :confused:

Everyone I've talked too has had nothing but praise for them over every other brand. I'm really interested because I plan on daily driving and track time whenever I get a chance and these seem like the best tire for overall street/track use.

looks like it has bad traction for snow use but I'm not worried about that in South FL :D

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
aren't they like double the price of a kumho? if it is the same traction, I'll go for the cheaper tire.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about these tires? Pirelli pzero corsas. I believe these are the tires for the Ferrari Challenge Stradale. I don't think they make them in viper sizes though.

The rears on the Ferrari are 285-35-19s. I probably could fit them on the front rims of my VR1s.

You must be registered for see images attach

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
because the s*@k! They are useless cold, they do wear forever, but who cares if they are slow!. I use them as intermediate rain tires.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Question!

I was wondering also.
I called Bobby Archer to get his opinion about Pilot sport cup.
What I gleaned from him was it took a couple of laps to warm up before
you could go at speed, there was uneven wear on the tire, was not as fast
as say a Hoosier and it was more expensive. The positive I think he said was
longer tread life. The main reason I was interested in the PSC is Viper Days
and Michelin being the main sponsor.

Fast Eddie

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost got a set until I spoke with some Porsche folk about their longevity.

Apperantly on the street with slightly spirited driviing you can expect 3-4k miles from them. And considering they would cost $1500.00 for a set, I decided to stay with normal pilots and wait for Kumho or one of the reasonably priced manufacturers to realease an 18inch sticky tire.

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely agree with the GA VCA pres. I got on it about half way the other night in second gear and the next thing I knew I was sideways. Soooo, warm em up!
John Baird

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte