How confident are you in your Valentine 1?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it was about 3 days ago and I was coming home from Hershey in my Viper around 9:30pm at night. It was dark on the interstate and I was coming home with no front bumper and side sills. (getting painted) I was in a hurry to get home and it was the first time I had the V1 in the Viper. I just said F it and stepped it up over a hundred for a while. I figured there were no locals's timing by lines on the road since it was night and I was confident my V1 would pick up any shot of radar/laser since it beeps like a SOB with those Amber Alert signs.

All was well and I didn't get a ticket, but has your V1 ever let you down going in excess of the speed limit? Thanks.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
once you get hit...your v-1 is useless....just good for prewarning and what direction it's coming from. I have two of them.

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you'll be leading the pack to Tators!!! :D

That will be the ULTIMATE test!

Dave

Haha, ya, I know. I wonder if anyone else in my group has one.

I think we should all wear nametags there with our screen names on so we all know who everyone is! There's gonna be so many people.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The V-1 will not save your meat like that. You got lucky, no different than if it was turned off. You have to use it with common sense to be most effective. Night is a bad time. Some local at a DQ that you don't see hears you, and turns instant on, after he speeds up to you. In the daytime you have a chance to see him. But hey, it's better to be lucky than good.

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, if no one is around you to get hit with the laser first, then you will be the one getting hit with the laser and ticket!! They help cut some of your tickets down, but you will still get a ticket eventually.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand you guys that take off on an open hiway with your V1 and figure you're protected. The ONLY time you can effectively travel at speeds above the posted limit is IN some (light) traffic, when the odds of a LEO lighting up another vehicle ahead of you is reasonably high.

On an open road you're a sitting duck....with or without your V1.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^ Bingo! ^^^

I look at them as help against "nuisance" tickets, you know, the one's where they sit and wait around town to nail you for 36 in a 25, 44 in a 35, etc. Those, and I-state travel when there's a pack moving at 75-80 and you need to watch your rear if you're at the back.

I'd never consider one as insurance for a triple-digit run.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ Bingo! ^^^

I look at them as help against "nuisance" tickets, you know, the one's where they sit and wait around town to nail you for 36 in a 25, 44 in a 35, etc. Those, and I-state travel when there's a pack moving at 75-80 and you need to watch your rear if you're at the back.

I'd never consider one as insurance for a triple-digit run.

PaViper..Carmen are you listening? And all this time you thought it was safe in the back.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a V1. Its a good detector, but works only if the cops are sitting and radar is ON continously. If they ZAP you, forget it.
I consider it as a great tool to listen and see what MAY be ahead, not an insurance against tickets. If you TRUST on a detector, youre screwed sooner or later really ugly way...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Agree with everyone thus far. No radar detector out there will save you from instant on (or laser for that matter). I always try to let someone be my "front door" and let them get a 1/2 mile ahead so that they can be the one to (hopefully) set off the radar and get nabbed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4