How Do I Store My Factory Wheels & Tires?

PJS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my new 19" HRE Polished & Clear Coated 540s In today for my Yellow 02 RT/10 Viper and was wondering what is the best way to store my factory tires and wheels? Only have 150 miles on them/car./ Don't want them to dry rot or the rims to mess up. How do you Viper Gurus take care of the storing of the wheels and tires?

Many Thanks in advance,

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PJS

I am no expert, but I would Z2 (Zaino) the clearcoated portion of the wheels and then store them in clear plastic tire bags, no problem...stop by any Tires Plus, they will give you the bags, wheels will keep forever...

I don't think the tires will hold up during extremely long periods of storage...and I'm talking a couple of years, not just you average winter storage...which is precisely why you should sell the tires to me...cheap!
supergrin.gif

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh Pete, you did get the HRE's huh? You need to come by; love to see them on you new car! Did you get the Borlas installed yet?

ART. . .

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be leary of the z2 ... some of the 01-02 wheels are turning
milky ...
not really sure why? some mention the use of zaino.
i have 1 semi milky (cloudy finish)
wheel from maybe too much z2??
if you do a search there is a link for milky wheels
good luck
JIM

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think the milky wheels come from cleaning off brake dust...brake dust is VERY abrasive...what little I get on my wheels after installing the EBC greens, I clean off with Z6...wish I had put the EBC greens on when I got the car new...

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would silicone the tires, that will keep the ozone from attacking the rubber. Once that is done bag them as air tight as possible and store away from any sources of ozone like electric motors (refridgerators, freezers, etc.). As far as the wheels, a coat of wax should do it, although if they are clean I can't imagine any harm would come to the finish being stored.

I had some tires in storage like that for my vette for a couple of years and they looked like the day I put them away when I opened them up. Double bagged them on top of the stuff above.

good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte