How do you unlock the door w/o a fob?

tahart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 1998 RT10 and was wondering how do you open a locked door if you misplaced the fob?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of way that usually work. Feel free to call me at 317 402 9013 and we can discuss them.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a couple of way that usually work. Feel free to call me at 317 402 9013 and we can discuss them.
Steve you have such a wealth of knowledge about these machines, just share it online instead of having people call you. Sometimes people are in need of the answer(s) and finding “call me” is just a bummer! Besides, I read most of these posts just to learn more about the cars, a “call me” tells me nothing.

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
BYAIC, with all due respect, I have NO intention of sharing information concerning the workarounds for the various Viper locking and alarm systems in an open forum...for the obvious reasons. I am willing to share said info on an individual basis verbally...and do so many times a week. Interestingly, an advantage of a real conversation is that frequently the owner's idea of the problem is off base...and, by sharing mutual info we can often still solve the issue.

Thanks for your input.

foxcouture

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a 1999 rt/10, no key fob came with it. I got locked out. What I did was go thru the rear pop out window. Then pulled the manual release on the door inside door pillar. This got into the car but the alarm didn't turn off. In the glove box, between the seat, the is a place to insert the key and turn off the alarm. I then went to remotesremotes.com and purchased 2 new fobs. They tell you to go to a locksmith to have them programmed, but it's not required. Simply jump the 1 to 4 pins on the ODBII port, turn ignition on, hold down lock and unlock buttons on the Fob until car beeps. https://northcoastkeyless.com/1999-dodge-viper-keyless-entry-remote-fob-programming-instructions/
Hope this helps.