How hot does the SRT 10 Cabin and Side Sills Get

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious to get your feedback regarding the heat of the floor area in the SRT 10 and the heat of the side sills. In some articles I have read they actually show eggs frying on the side sills -- I know a joke but if 10 is incredibly hot and 1 is very cool how do you rate them? Thanks!

:crazy:

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Floor: 5
Sills: 8

The floor heat is controllable by splitting the AC between floor and vents.

The Corsa track exhaust eliminates almost all heat.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without cats and with bullet mufflers I find the only source of hot air is due to air flow over the windshield and door. The sills are fairly cool and not an issue. With the cats it was hotter than my tastes allow. Plus it sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Floor: 5
Sills: 8

The floor heat is controllable by splitting the AC between floor and vents.

The Corsa track exhaust eliminates almost all heat.

I might even put the floor at 6 without AC. Sometimes, I thought I could smell my toes roasting.

It's interesting to note that the thing that the designers said that they wished they had done differently on the Gen III was reduction in cabin heat.

Getting rid of the Crossover and installing high flow cats reduces the heat to almost 0.

Kai

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cabin heat can be uncomfortable on a warm day with the top down. It doesn't bother me too much, but I tolerate heat very well (I used to jog in 120+ degree weather when I was in Kuwait).

On a hot day, stopped in traffic, with a slight breeze blowing perpendicular, you sometimes feel like your being slowly parboiled. You can't wait for the traffic to start moving again! Of course the best cure for that is to open it up on the freeway and try for a good wind chill effect.

The side sills can leave burn marks on your legs if you are wearing shorts and aren't careful about getting in or out. With a little practice and a burn or two, you learn real quick.

You need to ALWAYS remind passengers (particularly ladies in shorts or skirts). They don't like it when their ***** hose melts.

BTW It is a lot of fun helping a nice-looking lady out of a Viper when she is wearing a really short skirt.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... or buy an 05 and you will have no problems with heat. 03 and 04 had uninsulated cats (especially the first one) among other problems. With 05 after the initial burn in I have to actually use a heater to keep my feet warm:). And there is like 60ish outside. Also - do not put Corsa on it contrary to what 03/04 owners say. My experience was down to negative (no low end torque).

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was delivered with the Corsa Track and have never noticed any crazy heat. The dead pedal gets hot though, (when the weather is warm I don't wear shoes very often ... :D ).

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa Track and hiflow cats will scare old women and children on WOT! hehehehehehehe..........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang