How Loud is the Weldon fuel pump?

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody know how loud the Weldon 2345 fuel pump is? Does anybody have a video or sound clip? Anybody running a Weldon 2345?

I can’t decide between using an Aeromotive Eliminator or a Weldon 2345. If the Weldon is disturbingly loud, then I’ll go with Aeromotive.

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Art, I think a loud fuel pump is the least or your worries when that beast hits the streets. I'm wearing my helmet when you take me for a ride in that rocket!

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It isn't that loud... i promise. :)

JD

Hey JD,

I ordered the Aeromotive pump speed controller like you said. :2tu: :2tu:

Would you mind recording a video or sound clip of your car running at idle, half throttle and WOT and e-mailing it to me?
Some say it's a constant and disturbing buzzing sound.

I watched Jerry's Viper's 8 sec pass where Gary J drives it and there is a constant loud buzzing sound in the background. I think that's the fuel pump. And he has a Weldon 2345 too.
This is the link to that video http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/2006%20videos/JERRYS8SECPASSES.wmv

Thanks.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Art, I think a loud fuel pump is the least or your worries when that beast hits the streets. I'm wearing my helmet when you take me for a ride in that rocket!

No worries Dave, I have a Hardtop on it now. But I definitely need a diaper to keep the seats clean.
What are we going to tell the cop when he pulls us over with 6 point race harnesses and helmets on? Well, maybe I can say “ehhhh…. No English….” :nana: :nana:

Talk to you later.

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless they deputize the Blue Angles no one is going to catch us in that thing. Its a good thing I have a piloit licsence that allows me to fly twin turbos!

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless they deputize the Blue Angles no one is going to catch us in that thing. Its a good thing I have a piloit licsence that allows me to fly twin turbos!

Dave, have you been on live TV before?
Would you like to? :headbang: :headbang:

Hey we're not running away from the cops. We are running WITH the cops. Just leading the way. :nana: :nana:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Threads like this make me so optimistic on how my new type of fuel system for the Viper SRT will go over... Will be available for viewing at VOI9, but may be available for purchase by this summer.

No Noise, pickup issues, cavitation, fuel overheating, and 2000HP FI capable... in short, perfect.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Threads like this make me so optimistic on how my new type of fuel system for the Viper SRT will go over... Will be available for viewing at VOI9, but may be available for purchase by this summer.

No Noise, pickup issues, cavitation, fuel overheating, and 2000HP FI capable... in short, perfect.

Hmmmm. Is it 3 or 4 Walbro pumps put in parallel inside the tank? Just like the Supra guys do. No heat. No noise. If one of the pumps goes bad, you have enough fuel to blow the engine though… And how do you replace it when the pumps go bad?

Weldon 2345 supports 2500 HP FI. That’s what all the big dogs use. I’m just concerned with the heat and noise.

I’m waiting on your dry sump kit… How is it coming along? Do you have the prototype working?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hmmmm. Is it 3 or 4 Walbro pumps put in parallel inside the tank? Just like the Supra guys do. No heat. No noise. If one of the pumps goes bad, you have enough fuel to blow the engine though… And how do you replace it when the pumps go bad?

Weldon 2345 supports 2500 HP FI. That’s what all the big dogs use. I’m just concerned with the heat and noise.

I’m waiting on your dry sump kit… How is it coming along? Do you have the prototype working?

Hahaha, nope, it is nothing like you are thinking. In fact, its nothing like anybody is thinking...considering I had to build at least 50% of it entirely from scratch, since it actually didnt exist! Already tested, and works exactly as intended.

The oiling system is coming along. Waiting for the first batch of parts to come back from the machine shop so I can move onto the next step. Working model hopefully by May. (Hopefully is putting it mildly, considering my car wont move without it!) What better way to gaurantee a job is completed than by screwing myself over until it gets done... LOL

PS- I think that Weldon may be overrating the 2345, or perhaps I am severely underrating my setup. I just hopped over to Weldonracing.com and looked at the flowchart for the 2345, my setup flows almost identically to that pump.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A weldon fuel pump can be more quiter than an aeromotive pump and plus run cooler. What you will need to get is the pump controller called "dial a flow" Well worth the money. You can run the car with little noise and when it senses boost, it will kick the pump on full....I know this for a fact. I too am a member of the weldon club for men, but I am not the president.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A weldon fuel pump can be more quiter than an aeromotive pump and plus run cooler. What you will need to get is the pump controller called "dial a flow" Well worth the money. You can run the car with little noise and when it senses boost, it will kick the pump on full....I know this for a fact. I too am a member of the weldon club for men, but I am not the president.

Thanks ab. I have decided to go with the Weldon 2345.
I went ahead with JD's advise and ordered the Aeromotive pump speed controller which is the same thing with Weldon dial-a-flow with a better design (I think).

Are you guys using any fuel coolers?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
actually the dial a flow is way better than the aeromotive...different set up....aeromotive reduces the voltage while weldon shuts off the pump and on the pump with the controller...less wear on the pump.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4