How many are waiting on a Gen V Vert?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add your name to the list here. Lets get SRT to speed up and release a Vert! I will take mine with the SRT hood in Silver please. :headbang:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Hopefully they do like they have done in the past with its own unique rear end. :drive:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they give it its own distinct rear, hopefully it isn't as boring as the rear on the GEN 3/4 cars. You can spice it up some, but it still lacks.
MEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Hopefully they do like they have done in the past with its own unique rear end. :drive:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what it'll really look like. I really think they need to address the vert/track issue of no real rollbar or ROPS, hec even for the street really. Beauty hoops are plain insulting on a viper, please give us a roll over safety device of some sort from the factory ... a rollbar or rollbar option, an RT/10 construction, a ROPS, not sure I care depending on the styling, but something.

.. yea I know we can throw a rollbar on our own, once one is available from the aftermarket, but I'd really like this viper to be one I don't have to take apart and do some chopping on.

But, if it's 2+ yrs away, then I don't know I'll be hanging out that long for an option.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what it'll really look like. I really think they need to address the vert/track issue of no real rollbar or ROPS, hec even for the street really. Beauty hoops are plain insulting on a viper, please give us a roll over safety device of some sort from the factory ... a rollbar or rollbar option, an RT/10 construction, a ROPS, not sure I care depending on the styling, but something.

.. yea I know we can throw a rollbar on our own, once one is available from the aftermarket, but I'd really like this viper to be one I don't have to take apart and do some chopping on.

But, if it's 2+ yrs away, then I don't know I'll be hanging out that long for an option.

completely agree!

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely needs a new rear. The coupe rear looks goofy on it.

Curious, what about it makes you think it looks goofy? I know vipers have a history of having different rears for conv, but I always felt the coupe rears looked better and were more agressive. History on this is not important to me, just the looks. There is some flow from the roof that is missing, but was curious of specifically what you felt looked goofy.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a vert too. Will be ready to pick up a used one in 2024 when the prices are in my range. :smirk:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious, what about it makes you think it looks goofy? I know vipers have a history of having different rears for conv, but I always felt the coupe rears looked better and were more agressive. History on this is not important to me, just the looks. There is some flow from the roof that is missing, but was curious of specifically what you felt looked goofy.

I can't pin point it, it just doesn't look right to me. It's too busy and takes away from the beauty of the car. Call me crazy, but I liked the "sebring" rear end of the vert. It looked very wide and low when lowered to a normal (not factory 4X4) ride height. I also liked the RT10 rear, which looked like a Miata. Something about it looked balanced. The GTS rear looks great on the GTS.

F

FrgMstr

I can't pin point it, it just doesn't look right to me. It's too busy and takes away from the beauty of the car. Call me crazy, but I liked the "sebring" rear end of the vert. It looked very wide and low when lowered to a normal (not factory 4X4) ride height. I also liked the RT10 rear, which looked like a Miata. Something about it looked balanced. The GTS rear looks great on the GTS.

THIS!!!!!!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the SRT vert is lowered, it transforms the whole car and like you said, even makes the rear look good. Paint the lower rear of the car and it gets even better.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top down is a great way to drive a Viper. Since I'll be buying a used one that is several years old, I'll go ahead and wait a little longer for a convertible.

That rendering looks amazing!

~Jay

Mister Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please keep your feedback coming, Viper fans! We, like you, love building cool new Viper models...once they are approved. Your vocal feedback can help us win funding. yes, this is a big deal, thanks.

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think I will ever own another Viper that isn't a convertible. They are too much fun. The coupes look amazing, but the verts kill them in the fun department.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please keep your feedback coming, Viper fans! We, like you, love building cool new Viper models...once they are approved. Your vocal feedback can help us win funding. yes, this is a big deal, thanks.

Based on some other comments, as well as this one........are you Ralph?? LOL!!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear photoshopers and SRT,

who can make me this simple picture I so longed for in my mind, A convertible in

GTS Blue with white stripes, SRT HOOD, those awesome split six wheels, red brakes and interior

I think this will be my car.. I need to make the call in my head now
:confused:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TRAP!!! :D

Dear photoshopers and SRT,

who can make me this simple picture I so longed for in my mind, A convertible in

GTS Blue with white stripes, SRT HOOD, those awesome split six wheels, red brakes and interior

I think this will be my car.. I need to make the call in my head now
:confused:

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ummmmm not sure who this is????.... :)..... but VIPER fans if you want a Vert........ add your input and name to this thread!!!!!!!! :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can honestly say that the interest for the new Viper is very dynamic and we are getting calls daily asking questions. The number of folks also asking when the convertible will be out is way up there , so there is no doubt in my mind that SRT appreciates this feedback! . The demand for the Coupe has always been a bit higher, but from an unscientific approach , the number of inquiries about when a droptop will arrives lends itself to the conclusion that this is a highly valuable thread --- as there are a distinct group of folks who love the new car ,but are willing to hold onto their bucks till the ******* terror arrives. Keep things going , because I believe the demand out there is saying , build it quickly, we don't want to wait 2-3 years like in the past!?

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...I agree with Dman...and if they can't make a vert with official factory roll bars, then they should at least consider making a detachable hardtop that can be folded and stored inside your trunk instead of being left home in the garage like previous Vipers. Because I for one think it's ridiculous to pay probably around 125k for the new vert then have to shell out an additional 5k for purchase and installation of roll bars....Who's With Me!!...;)

Last edited:

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will buy one if---it has 20 to 50 more hp and has a rear end other than the coupe version.
I could live without the hp increase but if the rear end on the coupe is used on the vert I will not buy one. I am also not buying a coupe due to the rear end styling.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will buy one if---it has 20 to 50 more hp and has a rear end other than the coupe version.
I could live without the hp increase but if the rear end on the coupe is used on the vert I will not buy one. I am also not buying a coupe due to the rear end styling.

I am the opposite. Almost convinced myself to get the genV coupe because of that gorgeous rear, but at the end of the day, like JJP11 says above, conv are so much fun. It is hard to imagine being inside a coupe on a nice day as the only days I drive the car is on nice days...

SRT, show us soon what your conv design will be, but please don't "soften" the most performant conv made on the market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh