How many of you leave your Viper in parking lots?

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious, I ran to the grocery store tonight and parked it waaaayyy out. I wasn't able to get 50' from it before someone came up and wanted to talk about it. I talked for a while then went in the store but in all honesty I found myself walking fairly fast to get out as soon as possible. This is why I wanted to ask the question, do most of you just park it like a regular vehicle and don't worry about it or hardly ever take it somewhere you have to leave it? :(

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am super picky and want my paint and everything else perfect in every way. In fact I will not drive my car with even a speck of dirt on it if I can help it but in the end its just a car and as long as I have good insurance I will treat it as just that and drive it where I want and park it where I want.
If I can get lucky and park up front I will only do so in an the very front parking spot and park as far away from the car next to me maybe even slide a wheel into the handicap spot;) or I just park at the far end of the parking lot at least 10 spots away from the closest car. But even then when you come out some **** in a piece of crap has skipped the other 9 parking spots to park right next to the Viper:(.
I think there is a way to enjoy your car but be responsible at the same time. Just use some commons sense in where you leave it parked:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a car, i park it in parking lots all the time. i try to keep it a good distance away though.

get used to it or dont park it

PS: i always park next to nice cars in my daily driver on purpose. i know i will respect the car and never hurt it. i will protect it for the guy. and i know he wont hurt his pride and joy, so i know my DD is safe too

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would NEVER leave my viper unattended unless I'm on a viper cruse and we take up the whole parking lot, safety in numbers

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll do what you did, just find the farthest spot where I know it will sit by itself while I go where it is I am going and do whatever it is I need to do.

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to say I don't like taking my Viper out if I have to park it. If I do drive it to dinner, I am very picky as to what restaurant we go to and VERY picky as to where I park. Then, to be honest I am on pins and needles the entire time I am eating that something might happen to it. :dunno: I hate feeling this way but I just don't want anything to happen to my baby :D

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I am guilty of parking in large lots far far away from other cars to do a quick run into a store but that is out of the norm, i can see some punk kid keying it or someone parking next to it and smashing their door into mine, I do however during summer months taking it once or twice a week to my work which is a big technology office park but there is not a lot of in and out traffic

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i park in the parking lot, but have found myself doing the quick walk once inside the store every now and then; really depends on the store though, some places it is 1 of many nice cars

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only leave it if I can see it from either a resteraunt or any other business.

Bruce

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's at greater risk in the garage from the kids, bikes, friends who come over for playdates, tools on walls, etc than in a parking lot. I do ask that when Victor is out of town for a few days, he covers it before he leaves to try to minimize problems...

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm a little different. I love my car and don;t want anything to happen to it, but it's a car. I drive it and park it pretty much everywhere (assuming it's not a bad neighborhood) while the weather is nice, which about 7 months out of the year here. I enjoy the car, but enjoy driving it even more. Maybe that's why it has 27,000 miles now. :)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some are really nervous parking their cars, Ive been very lucky I guess. I drive my car to the movies or shopping all the time and leave it unattended for 1 to 2 hours at a time and never had an incident yet.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I guess I've always been a bit nervous with nice cars but this one attracts so much attention it is nerve racking lol so I guess I'm a little more nervous at least being a new owner anyway. I have full coverage insurance but that really isn't the point for me, I just want the car respected is all I guess...

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always park out in left field regardless of which car it is. My dd is 2 1/2 yrs old with no dings dents or scratches..an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and besides I can use the exercise:)

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are cautious about how you park, it shouldn't matter where you park. Unless of course you park in a neighborhood asking for trouble.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try to use some common sense and leave some room for others. Every now and then, I'll get a front place where I can see it and enjoy the people doing a double take.

At work, when I drive my GTS, I park right up front where everyone can see it. Only about 1,300 where I work and most know whose car it is and show it respect. I bought my car to enjoy and am not looking forward to the first ding or scratch, but if I only wanted to look at it, I'd leave it in the garage.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I took mine when the family went out for dinner last week. I had my wife park two spaces away from the end and I parked between her and concrete curbing.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a car, i park it in parking lots all the time. i try to keep it a good distance away though.

PS: i always park next to nice cars in my daily driver on purpose. i know i will respect the car and never hurt it. i will protect it for the guy. and i know he wont hurt his pride and joy, so i know my DD is safe too

I do exactly the same. I always try to find the nicest car to park next to.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
parking lots are usually where you park a car....I park it pretty much anyplace but try to keep it out a little....last week had it at WalMart with no issues....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same here. Funny thing though, when I park way out in the middle of nowhere inevitably someone parks next to me. And it's always positioned so I can't who's is lurking around my car. I know they just wanna take a look before they go into the store but I wish they'd park in a space that doesn't give some dirtbag an opportunity.

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never leave mine parked where I have to go into the store, I just use it for weekend drives. On a side note, I have found myself taking my wife shopping in the car to spend you know "quality time" together and wait in the car. I have found that the investment in the viper for it's lavish trunk space, or lack there of, has saved me a fortune on these excursions already...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two edge sword.
The farther away you are from eyesight the greater a chance of some hater messing with your car or worse. Might not have the balls to do something when your parked closer in. My solution is just don't take the Viper to places like home centers etc it can only go bad.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
guess I'm a little different. I love my car and don;t want anything to happen to it, but it's a car. I drive it and park it pretty much everywhere (assuming it's not a bad neighborhood) while the weather is nice, which about 7 months out of the year here. I enjoy the car, but enjoy driving it even more.

Yep, pretty much me as well. Both the Viper and the SRT8, I park a little farther out, especially at the supermarket. People DO stop to talk to me about both cars. Last week, I was in the SRT8, and a really nice guy in a new Panamera Turbo and I chatted cars for a good 15 minutes.

The Viper is a car. You gotta park it somewhere...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I compiling a list of eateries with outdoor seating by the parking lot in the NY/NJ Metropolotan area... It will be on sale on Amazon shortly:rolleyes::lmao:

Last edited:

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I try to use some common sense and leave some room for others. Every now and then, I'll get a front place where I can see it and enjoy the people doing a double take.

At work, when I drive my GTS, I park right up front where everyone can see it. Only about 1,300 where I work and most know whose car it is and show it respect. I bought my car to enjoy and am not looking forward to the first ding or scratch, but if I only wanted to look at it, I'd leave it in the garage.

Two edge sword.
The farther away you are from eyesight the greater a chance of some hater messing with your car or worse. Might not have the balls to do something when your parked closer in. My solution is just don't take the Viper to places like home centers etc it can only go bad.

Agree with both of you. I fear more people will hate on the car if I park it way out. I try to park near the mass of cars, but choose a certain spot that gives me enough space.

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not put one of those "Please don't touch my car" signs in the window, it is just an invitation to touch it (human nature). Old and classic cars get those nice little signs in their goode bags at car shows all of the time.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pick my spots well, but I park mine in parking lots where I am familiar with the crowd so to speak. My only rule is I NEVER leave it out overnight. Bad things happen at night.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody abusing a parked defenseless Viper should be charged with a hate crime.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car gets parked in many public parking areas. I just always try to park far away and if thats not possible, park by the nicest car I can. I much prefer to never leave it over an hour though. Thats why I never take it to the movies or sporting events (and never anywhere overnight). It was keyed once, but I'm pretty sure that would be compliments of a girl I had just broken up with.

Anybody abusing a parked defenseless Viper should be charged with a hate crime.

We see several "my car got keyed/damaged" threads a year. It'd be nice if they caught the person in the act one time and absolutely beat them into the ground. Bonus points if it was recorded somehow :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang