How many Vipers are active in this region?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Former Coloradan here (Boulder specifically)! We have a very active region. We do a dyno day, luncheons, cruises, tech sessions and a couple of major events each year. We have some fantastic driving roads in the area a pretty long driving season and two great race tracks within reasonable driving distance, Summit Point and VIR.

Where are you moving from/to?

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I concur with Bean! This region is quite active but it does depend on where you are located. The DC area is very active. Outside from there the activity goes down. Richmond VA isn't bad and the VA Beach area is pretty good. Most Marylanders are active but they end up near DC anyway. And we get the bonus of Delaware by default! WooHoo!!

Having been to Colorado a half dozen times I must say I have never seen a Viper, but having one over there would be fun.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Former Coloradan here (Boulder specifically)! We have a very active region. We do a dyno day, luncheons, cruises, tech sessions and a couple of major events each year. We have some fantastic driving roads in the area a pretty long driving season and two great race tracks within reasonable driving distance, Summit Point and VIR.

Where are you moving from/to?

I currently live in Castle Rock...Castle Pines specifically. I use to work in Boulder for Lockheed on the SBIRS Program. So I am considering relocating so I can utilize my gov't security clearance.

I concur with Bean! This region is quite active but it does depend on where you are located. The DC area is very active. Outside from there the activity goes down. Richmond VA isn't bad and the VA Beach area is pretty good. Most Marylanders are active but they end up near DC anyway. And we get the bonus of Delaware by default! WooHoo!!

Having been to Colorado a half dozen times I must say I have never seen a Viper, but having one over there would be fun.

I am looking at a position at Fort Meade, MD (only 30 miles to DC).

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently live in Castle Rock...Castle Pines specifically. I use to work in Boulder for Lockheed on the SBIRS Program. So I am considering relocating so I can utilize my gov't security clearance.

I am looking at a position at Fort Meade, MD (only 30 miles to DC).

That's great! If you have a clearance (TS or above), you'll be in demand out here.

BTW, what number is your SuperBee? I have #136. :)

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car Dude,

They do have a fair number of events here in the region. Also for those of us that live out in the boonies away from the Capital Beltway we also try and network quite a bit with each other and have little local things unsponsored by the regional club. These are a good bunch of guys back here in the east. Glad to see you have your priorities right and are investigating the demographics before the leap.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car Dude,

They do have a fair number of events here in the region. Also for those of us that live out in the boonies away from the Capital Beltway we also try and network quite a bit with each other and have little local things unsponsored by the regional club. These are a good bunch of guys back here in the east. Glad to see you have your priorities right and are investigating the demographics before the leap.

We enjoy the automotive thing quite a bit. We have had a blast with the Colorado Viper Club, so I would be expecting the same in DC. :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We enjoy the automotive thing quite a bit. We have had a blast with the Colorado Viper Club, so I would be expecting the same in DC. :D

The one thing you'll have to get used to is that "mountains" out here are speed bumps by your current standards....driving in the "mountains" has a whole different meaning out here. :D

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing you'll have to get used to is that "mountains" out here are speed bumps by your current standards....driving in the "mountains" has a whole different meaning out here. :D

Yes, but all my cars suffer from altitude sickness. You lose 3% for every 1,000 feet. That means I will gain around 20% moving to sea level...:drive:.

I really felt the horsepower loss as I purchased my Viper new in Indianapolis, IN and drove it home new. I lost soooo much power. It will be like getting a bunch of new cars.:headbang:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, but all my cars suffer from altitude sickness. You lose 3% for every 1,000 feet. That means I will gain around 20% moving to sea level...:drive:.

I really felt the horsepower loss as I purchased my Viper new in Indianapolis, IN and drove in home new. I lost soooo much power. It will be like getting a bunch of new cars.:headbang:

So what you're really saying is, you're going to need a new set of tires within the first 6 months of living here. :D:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust us, you will have a ton of Viper fun here. Have you ever been on a cruise with 60 Vipers? Crab Feast time! We also have the best density altitude in the country, it's no accident that WANTED, Ranger and Jamie Furman have all made their amazing runs here.
If you are going to work and live in the Fort Meade area you will be smack dab in the middle of the highest Viper population and we have 150 members in the three state area. And with that clearance I can point you at a few more jobs, I own a Headhunter firm. PM me if you would like some help, we have clients looking for those clearances in the same area. Might as well interview with more than one company. And regardless of how you get your job I can hook you up with some REALLY amazing relo help at no cost to you.

Last edited: