How much cash plus '06 coupe for new '09 coupe ?

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cars in question are as follows:

'06 black coupe w/ factory silver stripes, basic 10 spoke '06 wheels and 5,500 +/- miles on it, car still smells new and is an 8 or 9 out of 10 in terms of exterior condition

'09 red coupe w/ no stripes, NAV, the new wheels for '09 and the protection package (floor mats/car cover), MSRP of roughly $94,000, 10 miles on it

Looks like I may be able to get them to $30,000 of cash plus my car on trade-in plus 3% sales tax on the $76,000 purchase price (no sales tax netting allowed in VA on trade-in). Is that a good, bad or decent deal? Seems like too much cash but deal is bogging down and I am not quite down to $30,000 yet.

One other question, does NAV mean you get Sat radio?

Thanks

OP
OP
D

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, you're getting 46k for your trade in??? Holy crap!

Started at $40k but now up to $45k - Manheim had sales with similar mileage 45 days or so ago for $47,800

I assume the problem is that dealer is concerned about moving the '06 - high end cars around here just sit month after month on dealer lots (some new vettes have been sitting over 1 year) - assume it is similar most everywhere these days

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$45k is wholesale... you can do way better than that buying an 09'. My buddy bought a brand new 09' for 25K under sticker. This is a buyer market... IF you dont have to worry about your trade in.. GL

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're not getting the tax break, don't trade it. You could "give it away" to a private party and still get more. And a reasonably quick sale. His red '09 is going nowhere.

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure about your '06 but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me... you could buy the 09 outright for around 75 I'd guess but moving the '06 would be the tough part... bad thing is the sales tax on the entire new car... i believe all 09's have sirius and mine had the nav (worst option avail) but I put in a different head unit and still have sirius.

OP
OP
D

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not sure about your '06 but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me... you could buy the 09 outright for around 75 I'd guess but moving the '06 would be the tough part... bad thing is the sales tax on the entire new car... i believe all 09's have sirius and mine had the nav (worst option avail) but I put in a different head unit and still have sirius.

Yep - concerned about having 2 Vipers - really only have space for 1 and may need cash for a 2nd home purchase soon with real estate values so depressed

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$45k is wholesale... you can do way better than that buying an 09'. My buddy bought a brand new 09' for 25K under sticker. This is a buyer market... IF you dont have to worry about your trade in.. GL

i agree. its a buyers market and with all the talk of viper and dodge being dead, more so now.

might be better off selling it and then going and buying the 09

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider buying a 2K mile used '08. You should be able to do that for $20K or less, I did an '06 to '08 for less than $15K

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red 08's don't fetch as much- especially without stripes. Your may be able to get to around a $20 to 25K difference depending on dealer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang