How much louder with Headers? Corsa, Highflow Cats Already

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have K&N Filters, Smooth Tubes, RT Highflow Cats (Ceramic) and the 3" Corsa Exhaust on a 2000 GTS. I am thinking about SS headers, but would like an opinion on how much louder the car will sound when driving around town. Has anyone else added headers after changing their exhaust, as a comparison?

Also, how much difference will the diameter of the headers make in noise and power? (1.75" vs 1.875")

The rest of the engine is stock, but I am considering a Paxton Super Charger as a future upgrade.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the same basic mods when I added my B&B headers. The sound is much better, being deeper and more mechanical sounding inside the car. The next step I took, dumped the cats, love the sound now even more.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check my mod list. The last thing I added was the Belanger headers and was surprised at how much the sound increased. Not in a bad way, but much louder. :usa:

OP
OP
B

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to those who answered. Any opinions on the diameter of the headers? More power? More sound? The cost is about $500 more for the 1.875". It is worth it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery