How to paint rims to match yellow body?

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tadek,

I have a viper that was one of only 14 produced with those yellow wheels in 1997. I recently bought a second set of wheels and had them painted to match. They came out perfect and i have had no problems with the paint holding up against washing, brake dust, high speed, high temps, etc.

If you want to email me i can give you the number of the body shop that did the work and they can do them for you or give you the type of primers and paint needed to make paint stick to aluminum.

The key ingredient in the process is the preparation and priming of the surface, i believe it is called an "etching" primer(im not familiar with the process of painting)

They used one of my wheel caps for computer paint matching. Your cars color code will provide the same information.

good luck

tom

"keep the lipstick off the dipstick"

OceanPalm7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own a 2006 SRT 10 Blue Convertible... Recently I took off the
tire to clean for a car show... What is the lug nut torque in lbs. Discount tire tells me 100 lbs. The dealership dells me 92 lbs... Thanks for your reply..
OceanPalm7

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own a 2006 SRT 10 Blue Convertible... Recently I took off the
tire to clean for a car show... What is the lug nut torque in lbs. Discount tire tells me 100 lbs. The dealership dells me 92 lbs... Thanks for your reply..
OceanPalm7
90-95 lbs...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32