HRE wheels - Charcoal??

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have a picture of the charcoal HRE (547) wheels on a graphite viper?

I know polished is a simple choice, but I am considering the charcoal finish to go on my graphite metalic snake. Before I drop down the cash, anyone have a sample?

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have any pics but I think that would be great! I would suggest having the wheel centers painted to match the car color by HRE, it is actually a little cheaper to have this done than having them polished. I think HRE can anodize too, but the finish isn't going to be a direct match, and that could look a little strange. Both anodizing and painting run the risk of being scratched. But if you are careful around the lugs, and with the cleaning items you use you shouldn't have problem.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey sorry to interupt this thread but i see bwhitmore you have a 99 R/T just like i do and i was wondering how did you fit the optima red top in there because i couldent the top terminals hit my frame and they only make either top and side terminals or just top,they don't make just side so i couldent get that battery how did you fit it?

VIPERMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stugots,
I have one on my car too. You can squeeze it in and tighten it using the original cover. It will be well in place. My has been there for almost a year now and never had to look at it again

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots, The tolerances from car to car is drastically different. Some fit right in like mine and another one right next to you with the same year won't.

Take a bottle jack and wood blocks and get the clearance. No problem.

I heard, but didn't confirm, that Optima released a new red top that is shorter but same power.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4