OP
N

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, it says 275k on Barrett's web site.
Of coarse that includes the 10% fee, so someone paid 275...

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be the 10% added on. 250,000 + 25,000(10% buyers premium) = $275,000

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad the Viper is still valued like that. However I have to admit I watched the auction on TV and there is no way I would have spent that on that ugly Viper. It was a cool auction. Lots of great cars.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Tool wasted any Money. The Hurst Viper was a Charity Car...All Proceeds American Cancer Charity...Big Tax Deduction & Viper to Boot...

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the paint was way cooler than I thought from the pictures. I did not like the color, but loved the finish. I think a flat ssg color similar to that would look nice--

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Tool wasted any Money. The Hurst Viper was a Charity Car...All Proceeds American Cancer Charity...Big Tax Deduction & Viper to Boot...

Not quite correct. There is only a deduction to the extent that the value of what is received is less than the amount paid. The burden of proof is on the taxpayer. In this case, the first of a limited edition vehicle was auctioned. Although some of us may not like the car, there are no easy comparables to determine value. If the final bidder was relying on getting a deduction, he may be in for an unpleasant surprise.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool car, worthy charity, big tax write-off, and a 1 of 1 Viper to boot!

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting about the $275k, Craig Jackson made a comment last night during one of the charity auctions (the blue Superbird I think) that the payment moves from the buyer directly to the charity, and that BJ does not impose their 10% fee.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not to get off track but i couldnt beleive the price on the saleen s7 twin turbo thats a million dollar car sold for 400,000.00

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I heard it correctly, the car was originally owned via Woodhouse( Also had a Woodhouse plate), and they get about $100K for the car then everything over that amount goes to the charity...maybe I was dosing off when I heard this...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite correct. There is only a deduction to the extent that the value of what is received is less than the amount paid.

Well since he overpaid by 150K which will be very evident if and when he tries to resell it he should be in for a deduction.
How much will Woodhouse give him on a trade in today?

Reaction score
If I heard it correctly, the car was originally owned via Woodhouse( Also had a Woodhouse plate), and they get about $100K for the car then everything over that amount goes to the charity...maybe I was dosing off when I heard this...

Actually, not quite true and I hope I don't stick my foot in my mouth here but...We don't get the full sticker, we did not own the car first so there is no discounted employee price. I think the owners here get back the actual invoice "they paid" minus their contribution towards the charity, everything above that goes to the charity. We worked with Moton and Corsa for their support with the vehicle and we also supplied all the labor for free on the project.

So in reality the charity gets more than you think. We are very proud to have been a part of this auction and did not even expect the coverage we got. The plate was cool to see and the blurb about us also were all Hurst Automotive doing, thanks Ron Flint!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I thought the Hurst Viper looked way better on TV than in the pictures. Very cool in fact - but not $275k cool. The tax advantage might have been the difference maker for the buyer.

The prices on BJ were a direct reflection on the market and there were deals to be had - as someone else mentioned that S7 seemed to be a great buy! Almost seemed like the prices were basically used car prioces with BJ making a killing with their 18% ******.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the flat gold looked good on TV, I would have like to have seen it in person. Anyway, it is nice to see a Viper bring that kind of money. I really thought it would bring about $125K. Congrats to everyone involved. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte