95.2 KB · Views: 166
  • new pics 017.jpg
    new pics 017.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it!! Post more pics damnit!!! What thickness spacer on front and rear? How is your car lowered and how low did you go? How does she do on bumps and turning any severe rubbing?

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it!! Post more pics damnit!!! What thickness spacer on front and rear? How is your car lowered and how low did you go? How does she do on bumps and turning any severe rubbing?

I have 4-5 more good pics but when I try to post pic number #3, the system tells me I have exceded my quota. The spacers are 1" all around. Much to my suprise the car has KW coil overs on it (Saw them this weekend when I had the wheels off). The front is pretty low. No rubbing at all, even in hard corners. No problems on speedbumps either.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you bolted on the 1" adapters did you have to cut your original wheel studs off to get the wheels to sit flush? Im sending you a PM.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you bolted on the 1" adapters did you have to cut your original wheel studs off to get the wheels to sit flush? Im sending you a PM.

No these thin spoke wheels took them no problem. I wouldnt want to have cut the studs.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you get the H&R or what brand is the HW, The wheels and spacers look great. Great looking ride.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory wheels usually have indents in the back facing, its the after market wheels that usually don't so in the case you had aftermarke you would need to cut the studs

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear looks perfect, but I am not sure about the front. Any other pictures? Wheels look great.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear looks perfect, but I am not sure about the front. Any other pictures? Wheels look great.

In a perfect world the fronts would definatley be inboard another .25" (Would match the back better), but it still looks better in person than the pic. I have some other good pics but cant post them because the system wont let me (Says im over the allowed data storage).

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed in the 2nd picture it's at Salt Creek Park, In you KW thread you said OC, where do you live? Also, you should strongly consider joining the SoCal Club. Mike

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed in the 2nd picture it's at Salt Creek Park, In you KW thread you said OC, where do you live? Also, you should strongly consider joining the SoCal Club. Mike

I live in Newport (Used to be Monarch) but I'm always at the Dana Point Cigar shop on the weekends. How do I Join the So Cal club? I was a VCA member when I had my blue 06 (Need to renew).

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap my 5 spoke wheels dont have the large pocket between the lug holes on the back of the wheel. 1DumpedViper Do your six spokes have the large pockets or just the small holes drilled between the lug holes? Im not sure the drilled holes on the rear of my rims will hold the little bit of lug nuts that will stick out.

OH and I was already planning on going 1" rear and 3/4" front spacers. SO it sounds like that would be perfect.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap my 5 spoke wheels dont have the large pocket between the lug holes on the back of the wheel. 1DumpedViper Do your six spokes have the large pockets or just the small holes drilled between the lug holes? Im not sure the drilled holes on the rear of my rims will hold the little bit of lug nuts that will stick out.

If I can remember right, they did have litte spaces hogged out. I'm not sure how large. Check one of the old H&R threads, someone posted the rear of my wheels and you can see how large the hole is. Hopefully you can get yours to work.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Newport (Used to be Monarch) but I'm always at the Dana Point Cigar shop on the weekends. How do I Join the So Cal club? I was a VCA member when I had my blue 06 (Need to renew).

I think I remember you, 06 blue vert with headers, lowered? I'm sure we met I've had an 06 and 08 coupes, red w/silver stripes.

Here's the email address for Lance who's now the club president. Hope you join in, lot's of activiites and good people.
[email protected] .

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I remember you, 06 blue vert with headers, lowered? I'm sure we met I've had an 06 and 08 coupes, red w/silver stripes.

Here's the email address for Lance who's now the club president. Hope you join in, lot's of activiites and good people.
[email protected] .

That was me. I'll shoot an e-mail to lance.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing looks sick. Then again I am partial to all black cars...... Fronts do look a little different, but as long as there is no rubbing I see no problems. Im sure someone will chime and let you know the consequences of spacers. Hell on bearings etc. etc...

I like!

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing looks sick. Then again I am partial to all black cars...... Fronts do look a little different, but as long as there is no rubbing I see no problems. Im sure someone will chime and let you know the consequences of spacers. Hell on bearings etc. etc...

I like!

Thanks, In a a perfect world I wish the front was in .25%, but it still works.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since Tim asked....

1" Spacers Look Cool, but consider:
Much harder on wheel bearings. Esp on roadcourse/AutoX.
Much more likley to track ruts and seams. Re-Align Please.
Slamming it that low, Ill ASSume you are not a track-rat but a cruiser anyway!

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Tim asked....

1" Spacers Look Cool, but consider:
Much harder on wheel bearings. Esp on roadcourse/AutoX.
Much more likley to track ruts and seams. Re-Align Please.
Slamming it that low, Ill ASSume you are not a track-rat but a cruiser anyway!

You would be correct in assuming that. This is a weeknd cruiser/poser car!!!!!!!!! If I do decide to track I will buy dedicated wheels/tires. If bearings go out, I will fix. Re-alignement on Friday! Your ASSumptions are all correct!:rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456