I bought my Viper GTS a present today!!!!

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really spoil my cars. hahahaa

Sorry about the size of the picture. I was am too excited to edit the pic.

You must be registered for see images

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool!
You got your lift.

67 Camaro
, arrrgh! (Gasping for air)
That's a 71 'Cuda!
As in 440 6pak 'Cuda convertible.

But he is right, I wouldn't leave the top down all the time.
It needs to be stretched out with the top up or it will get wrinkles and possibly
tear when you do put the top up (shrinkage?).

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark O: I have an attached garage. I tried to design the house so you could not tell there was a large garage connected. I hope I did well. Here is a shot of the cars sitting out front. You can see the front side of the garage.

Thanks for the hint on the 69 Camaro. I need to stop being lazy and put the top up more often.

Brandon: Here is the info on the Camaro. I copied it right off of my web site so forgive me if it is lengthy and a little outdated.

Here is a list of modifications to date.
· 350 CID LT1 Engine bored over .030"
· Deburred block and components
· Modified oil galleries
· Lunati Custom Grind Cam 560/560 lift 237/242 .050 duration 114 degree LS
· Lunati Valve Springs and Hardware
· SRP/JE Blower Pistons developing a true 9.2:1 compression
· Crower Sportsman Connecting Rods
· Crower 1.6 Ratio Billet Aluminum Full Roller Rockers
· Ported LT1 heads flowing over 25% better than stock
· High volume oil pump
· Port Matched heads
· RK Sport 1 ¾" ID tube headers, ceramic coated with matching "Y" pipe
· Applied Technologies Incorporated P600B "Procharger" Centrifugal Supercharger forcing 12 psi of positive pressure
· 2 core air to air intercooler
· Mac Off Road Pipe
· Borla "tunable" Cat back exhaust
· 4L60E 4 speed AOD Transmission with Transgo Shift Kit
· SLP 2400 rpm torque converter
· Flo-tech Torque Arm with adjustable pinion angle and dual drive shaft loops
· Hotchkiss Trailing arms
· Compucar/NOS adjustable hybrid Nitrous oxide system with purge valve
· RK Sport Sub Frame connectors
· Digicom "Smart Spark" Digital ignition controller, 2 map timing controller, rev limiter, and nitrous rpm controller
· Custom Painted stripes and ground effects complements of my good buddy Randy Ramsdell
· Corvette ZR-1 Wheels 9" up front sporting 275/40 17s and 11" out back with 315/35 17s
· 15mm jounce spacers
· LG Motorsports G2 throttle body air foil
· Crane Hi 6 capacitive discharge ignition amplifier
· Crane PS91 ignition coil
· K&N conical air filter
· 160 degree thermostat
· LT1 Edit Custom programming with my laptop
· Increases shift firmness
· Adjusts rpm shift points
· Adjusts rev limiter
· Recalibrates speedometer after gear change
· Recalibrates speed governor
· Revises cooling fan off and on temperatures
· Cyberdyne air to fuel mixture and Autometer boost gages housed in 2 gage pillar pod
· Ground effects package to give it that hunkered down look
· Taylor Custom Spark Plug Wires
· 33# injectors
· Hotchkiss Strut Tower Brace
· Billet Steel "keyed" crankshaft hub
· Hypertech Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

· Autometer fuel pressure gage
· Motive 3.73:1 ratio ring and pinion
· 3 series carrier
· LPW rear girdle

It's pretty much stock. hee hee

I need help with a garage theme. If you guys have any ideas, please throw them at me. I would appreciate it.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry...camaro snob....67 pace car would be blue....that my friend is a 69 RS....396 I hope!!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norman -

Looks GREAT! I spoke to the guy that said he was doing your lift when I was at the autocross. Pretty awesome stuff! We have the ceiling height, but no more cars and no more play money to buy any. Good to see you are picking up the slack! Seriously, we have heard many people talking about your garage and I can see they didn't exaggerate one bit.

Great stuff, and I want to see that Camaro in action some time. I keep hearing it will smoke a Viper in the 1/4 - in reverse! Would love to see it make a pass or two. Oh, and that Viper thingie is pretty cool too...

Chris

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BurnR8:
sorry...camaro snob....67 pace car would be blue....that my friend is a 69 RS....396 I hope!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
More likely a '69 350 Rally Sport. Appears to have hide-away headlamps, white body with orange Rally Stripes,R/S tail lamps and orange vinyl interior. Can't say from the pic's if has hounds tooth material, probably does, but does not have appear to have the "Indy Pace Car" decal on the door, or it would seemingly would been featured in the photos. On the other hand, you might be beinging equally casual about "440 six back" car badges. A very pretty corral for sure !

Grey beard 1st gen Camaro, clean shaven 1st gen Viper

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. The 69 Camaro pictured is a Z11 Indy Pace car. That means you are both right. It actually has SS on the car and a cowl hood and has RS lighting. Kind of the best of all worlds. haha Matter of fact it is a festival car which meant it was used at the track in 69. It did not pace the race but was there for official USAC and track use. It does not have the door decals. They were taken off when the first owner had the car painted. I am going to have them reinstalled. My brother in law has one also and he does have the decals on his. Yes, it does have hounds tooth interior. 350 CID with an auto behind it. My brother in laws is a 4 speed car. I did not plan on buying this car but found it the same week I found the Cuda. One nice Thursday, I drove to St. Louis and got the Cuda from Rich Detert (from the list here) and then drove down to Jeff City to get the Pace car. Here are a couple of fun shots.

It was a great day for me. Seeing these pictures again almost brings tears to my eyes. hahaha

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see you have a cyclone 91', very cool. What kind of mods do you have on it. When this truck first came out I drooooooled over it. I guess my new viper filled the void, lol.

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

This one is bone stock right down to the air filter. It is pristine. I took it to the track last year and it ran 13.5 at 100mph. They have low trap speeds because of the AWD parasitic loss. Where they really shine is on the street. They produce 1.7 60 foot times on stock radial tires. The launch is incredible.

I have had 4 of them altogether. They were an obsession for quite a while. The most I have had at any one given time is 3. They are a blast to drive and have serious traction.

One would never expect this kind of performance from a truck. haha

This is my first one.

Second one.

Third one. This was my hot rod one. I did all kinds of mods to this one.

Fourth one. This one had a cowl hood.

They all look the same!!!! hahaha One color, no options available. haha

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John: My cars are not the reason I am called "Performin' Norman" but we will go what that for kicks. hahahaha &lt;smirk&gt;

The Daytona is an 85 Turbo Z. I bought it new in 85 and can't seem to get rid of it. I still love to drive the car. It has a few add ons but is mostly stock. Runs strong for what it is.

My hot rod Syclone was completely tricked out. I sold it before I could get it to the track. Someone wanted it THAT badly. It has all the fuel system upgrades, TE45 Turbo, Intercooler redesign etc etc. It was a screamer.

Now I just play with that 94 Camaro. I dynod it last week and was not happy with the car. It is running out of fuel at 5700. I push the motor to 6400 or so. Still, I am pulling about 575 ponies at the motor and have a 120 horse shot of nitrous that will not be used until I get the fuel system ironed out. It should produce about 600 at the rear wheels. I have a long ways to go to get it running right on.

Speed is just too much fun.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with a few more lifts your garage will hold..eight or, nine vehicles? Looks like you were smart enough to design the high ceiling in the back just for lifts, way to think ahead!

Is that a Shelby Daytona or an R/T behind the Viper? 80's Shelby Pocket Rockets have to be the most misunderstood and under appreciated cars ever made. I was lucky enough to drive a fellows 300+ HP Shelby GLHS, talk about quick. My daily driver is a Shelby Dakota, I love it..... When Jon B was riding with me as he lead the Viper Convoy from Branson to St. Louis this year, even he was inpressed with the trucks handling (The Shelby's suspension was done by a fellow named John Fernandez, when he worked at Shelby).

Gotta love it! I'm either going to have to get a lift, or put the Little Red Express Truck in the driveway to make room for my Viper when it (finally) comes home.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32