I bought the Sapphire/Striped ACR

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a "BRAND NEW" 2001 Sapphire with silver stripes ACR today. Dealer had it since new and used it for our local parades and what not. Car is awesome and had only 700 miles on it when I purchased it today. Looked up the info and it looks to be a 1 0f 49 so I guess I wont be seeing to many of em except on this site. Nice to buy an 01 and have 3 years of full warranty. Paid $65k and thought that was a fair but not super great deal. Off to the garage to look at it some more.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love that color combo. Almost bought it instead of the Red/Silver. Maybe in the future...have fun & post pictures!
Paul

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Only black looks badder!

In 2001, they built 49 Saphire ACRs, and 86 Saphire GTSs. Thats only 135 Vipers total of this color scheme. *edit* Viper registry shows quite a few more being built than I first heard.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is all Saphire.Very hard to keep looking good.Any amount of dust makes the car look like ship.Can't be beat when clean and shiney.Sometimes looks black,blue,purple depending on lighting.Multiple coats of zaino is the way to go.Drive car.When dusty take it to a you squirt it place.Wipe off water.Z6.Home and cover. GTS Bruce

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PICS! PICS!

Congratulations on your purchase. I have a freind with a 2001 GTS, sapphire/connelly and it looks awesome. :2tu:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a sister car to this in MI a short while ago. However, the owner thought that it was actually made of solid gold and wouldn't sell it to me for less than $87,000 :rolleyes: