I drove the SRT last night .. virtually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Xbox & got the Project Gotham racing. It has an SRT in it, I picked red and went for a virtual test drive. The neat part is, after doing some laps through the streets of London, watching the play back is awesome. The graphics on Xbox Project Gotham blow my PS2 GT/3 A-spec away, and it really gave me a neat look at watching the SRT fly around the streets. I know it's not like the real thing, but for those trying to do anything to get more of a feel for the look of the car, it's better than nothing. And FWIW, I thought it looked good sliding around town, brakes glowing, and shifter slamming. Plus you can see it in about 8 different colors.

If you have access to an Xbox and the game I'd recommend checking it out. Also, as an aid, you either need to play the game a very very long time and be very successful to unlock the Viper, or you can use the cheat code to unlock all cars & tracks, for the more efficient minded - the cheat code is to create a new driver named: Nosliw (that's wilson backwards, & it is case sensitive).

Dave.

- oh, and sorry for the tricky subject line, but I couldn't resist.

OP
OP
D

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not Jim,

You can say that again, the big critical point on the game is its "arcade" based car handling. The worst one to me is the Z06, I've never driven one but all I read is that its handling is so settled for its power that it makes tearing up a road course "easy". In Project Gotham I think the Vette has an oil dispenser just in front of the rear tires - rediculous.

As for other games, the most addicting for so far are Max Paine Halo (in two player cooperative, or 4 person deathmatch - I have one of those huge TV's which makes this nice). I've just started shopping for Rally as well, with prices though, I need to pace my shopping - afterall, I have a viper to support.

Dave.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, this baby should have been in Off Topic a long time ago!
laugh.gif

We bought Xbox before Christmas and bought just about every game available. My older son unlocked all the cars in Gotham Project Racing and loves the F50. I played and would agree that the handling of the Viper stunk. Even in the profile, the Viper shows only "moderate" handling. The kids refuse to drive the Viper unless Dad wants to see it in replay mode. Oh well.

As to other games, they are into Halo big time. They also tried Wreckless and liked it. Same with Tony Hawk and several others. They liked Munches Oddysee but quickly got bored with it, as they did with Blood Wake (which they won in a Counter Strike tournament at Comp/USA). Nowadays they rent the Xbox games at Blockbuster and "test drive" them first. Haven't rented any "must owns" yet, although the kids sure seem to like Wreckless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4