I HAVE A BIG RACE SET UP FOR THIS WEEKEND...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The 0-150 video was on a much lower power level. I think this should be impressive. I am leaving to go race right now. I will check in in a couple of hours, hopefully...

OH you're funny! Be safe :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tic-toc, tic-toc, tic-toc....!

Come on Gary, I know it only took you 10 seconds to WHOOP that GSXR!! :gron:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First things first...I hope everything went off great and everyone is safe...Now put me out of my misery and post the results...The suspence is killing me ;)

xceler8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gary and others... an important thing to think about and mention to us waiting for the results is what year GSXR 1000 it is? Is it a newer one 03'-04' or an older one. The newer models are faster than the older ones. If he's only got a slip on exhaust and nothng else done to it, then I would be putting my money on the viper. A newer GSXR runs the o-60 in about 2.8 seconds I believe stock if you can keep the wheel down! The other problem is that their governed from the factory at 186 mph unless you do a timing retard mod. I'd be interested to see the results. I would guess the bike might get beat in the race, but a slightly modded GSXR would take the viper. I'm not knocking the viper in any way, I've always loved them, my Dad has three of them. I have a GSXR 1000 04', and I know from driving them both that the bike would eat up the viper. Not to mention that the weight difference is HUGE. 400lbs vs 3600lbs. 170hp on the 04' vs 700+ on teh viper. Turbo lag is another thing to consider on the viper where as a supercharger would give quicker power.

That's my take on it as a GSXR 1000 owner and a viper enthusiast and driver.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gary and others... an important thing to think about and mention to us waiting for the results is what year GSXR 1000 it is? Is it a newer one 03'-04' or an older one. The newer models are faster than the older ones. If he's only got a slip on exhaust and nothng else done to it, then I would be putting my money on the viper. A newer GSXR runs the o-60 in about 2.8 seconds I believe stock if you can keep the wheel down! The other problem is that their governed from the factory at 186 mph unless you do a timing retard mod. I'd be interested to see the results. I would guess the bike might get beat in the race, but a slightly modded GSXR would take the viper. I'm not knocking the viper in any way, I've always loved them, my Dad has three of them. I have a GSXR 1000 04', and I know from driving them both that the bike would eat up the viper. Not to mention that the weight difference is HUGE. 400lbs vs 3600lbs. 170hp on the 04' vs 700+ on teh viper. Turbo lag is another thing to consider on the viper where as a supercharger would give quicker power.

It will not matter what year the Bike is! Gary's TT smacked it so bad, Ebay will not have enough room for all the GSXRs that will be 4-sale next week! :D

Do a little more research on Heffner's TT Vipers. Chad's TT ran 8.75@169mph in full street trim. These aren't your average Vipers!

Gary's only disadvantage might be that he's only had the car for a couple weeks.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a GSXR 1000 04', and I know from driving them both that the bike would eat up the viper. Not to mention that the weight difference is HUGE. 400lbs vs 3600lbs. 170hp on the 04' vs 700+ on teh viper. Turbo lag is another thing to consider on the viper where as a supercharger would give quicker power.

You need to find the vids posted a few months ago where a Doug Levin Supercharged Viper on pump gas ran dead heat after dead heat with various Hyabusas (the modded Busa took him) in races from 60 mph and 75 mph rolls. And don't forget that Gary's Heffner TT car should be faster than the DLM car.

Oh, and if you have ever seen the dyno curves from a Heffner car (500 ft pounds at 2,000 rpm) you would realize that on an eight liter Viper, turbo lag is not an issue.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. I had something come up this weekend right after the race. I have not had access to the internet until right now. Things went well. I will have the vid up soon enough. The bike was an '04. I think this will surprise bike guys!!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

'

If Gary has good tires, it doesn't matter [******] is done to the GSXR unless he's got turbo, SC or nitrous. 1st and 2nd gear the bike will take him if he's a good rider. 3rd gear or 4th gear and it's not even f'king close.
03, 04, or 05. Yes, 05's a little faster, but it's not going to matter.

Trust me, I know..

Gerald

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought the actual race was to be a roll on from 60-70? If this is the case, would the bike still be in 1st or 2nd? I'm not a bike person. I believe the 0-200 run was to be just Gary doing a timed run???

Anyway, glad to hear from Gary. Was beginning to worry with the long silence since Saturday! :headbang: