I have joined the Corsa Nation

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been running a Borla for the last few years, and I played around with it, adding a crossover pipe for reduced drone and altered tone, and it really sounded good, if not a tad v-eighty. I wanted a change of pace, and picked up a used Corsa. It is really quiet while just cruising--almost tame, but during deeper throttle applications, it sounds like an untamed beast. It projects sound much farther, with no cabin drone what so ever. I have to say that I like it--a lot. I miss the Borla's window rattling roll-up authority some, but underpasses and tunnels with the Corsa more than make up for that. It has a much rattier idle now, very cool with the 708 cam. I got a used system, thus installation had some challenges, namely parts that fit together only one way, but the upside was a leak free install. I got it cheap so I had to pay somewhere (knicks and cuts, sore appendages, back, and tongue from raging expletives). Anyhow, I must add my voice to the chorus of satisfied Corsa owners. :2tu:

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very cool. I too was thinking of looking for a used exhaust setup. What kind of pain was it to get done compared to new?

I dont think I am stuck with any specific brand...more what comes to be a good deal.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a used system, thus installation had some challenges, namely parts that fit together only one way, but the upside was a leak free install. I got it cheap so I had to pay somewhere (knicks and cuts, sore appendages, back, and tongue from raging expletives).

My experience EXACTLY. I probably wouldn't have bought an aftermarket exhaust at the time unless I had gotten the price that I got for the used system I purchased. It definitely was a pain to install because things were not quite round in the places they should have been. I didn't really think of that before I bought it. You usually pay one way or another; but, my time is "free;" so, I got a good deal and the end result was a great sounding system.

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my viper had corsa exhaust when i bought it so i dont know what to compare it to but i will say i LOVE the way it sounds. youre right about it being quiet until you open it up. my favorite thing about my exhaust is when i am gearing down and when it drops to around 1500rpm it bellows out these sounds that i swear sound like thunder! its so convincing that while going through an alley like road in town i was about to pass a guy standing on the sidewalk with his back to me and he looked up at the sky for rain when it bellowed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery