I have joined the Corsa Nation

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been running a Borla for the last few years, and I played around with it, adding a crossover pipe for reduced drone and altered tone, and it really sounded good, if not a tad v-eighty. I wanted a change of pace, and picked up a used Corsa. It is really quiet while just cruising--almost tame, but during deeper throttle applications, it sounds like an untamed beast. It projects sound much farther, with no cabin drone what so ever. I have to say that I like it--a lot. I miss the Borla's window rattling roll-up authority some, but underpasses and tunnels with the Corsa more than make up for that. It has a much rattier idle now, very cool with the 708 cam. I got a used system, thus installation had some challenges, namely parts that fit together only one way, but the upside was a leak free install. I got it cheap so I had to pay somewhere (knicks and cuts, sore appendages, back, and tongue from raging expletives). Anyhow, I must add my voice to the chorus of satisfied Corsa owners. :2tu:

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very cool. I too was thinking of looking for a used exhaust setup. What kind of pain was it to get done compared to new?

I dont think I am stuck with any specific brand...more what comes to be a good deal.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a used system, thus installation had some challenges, namely parts that fit together only one way, but the upside was a leak free install. I got it cheap so I had to pay somewhere (knicks and cuts, sore appendages, back, and tongue from raging expletives).

My experience EXACTLY. I probably wouldn't have bought an aftermarket exhaust at the time unless I had gotten the price that I got for the used system I purchased. It definitely was a pain to install because things were not quite round in the places they should have been. I didn't really think of that before I bought it. You usually pay one way or another; but, my time is "free;" so, I got a good deal and the end result was a great sounding system.

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my viper had corsa exhaust when i bought it so i dont know what to compare it to but i will say i LOVE the way it sounds. youre right about it being quiet until you open it up. my favorite thing about my exhaust is when i am gearing down and when it drops to around 1500rpm it bellows out these sounds that i swear sound like thunder! its so convincing that while going through an alley like road in town i was about to pass a guy standing on the sidewalk with his back to me and he looked up at the sky for rain when it bellowed.