I LOVE THE SRT-10

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is time to give Dodge and Mike Brunton some support, so here goes.

I can only give Dodge 2 thumbs up and say thank you for continuing the viper legacy - I love the new design as much as the older. I have seen the SRT-10 twice in person (in Miami and Los Angeles). The more I looked at it, the more I liked it !!! and I cannot wait till my number is up.

It is way different but in my eyes much more modern looking (as Steve has pointed out several times).

Now, the argument about the majority disliking the new model I can't understand - please help me - if the 1st year was sold out in days and there is a waiting list of current viper owners so long that I have to wait until next year to get mine (I have been signed for almost 3 years now with our good Mr. Pemberton) THEN PLEASE enlighten me and help me convince at least one of the current certificate holders to jump the boat and let me take his spot. WE ALL KNOW THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN - or maybe - HELP I WANT ONE.

Anyway I just thought it was time to give some support !!

Best regards

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 orders right here.
biggrin.gif

I for one totally love the new car, I'm very excited about it. To me the styling is attractive and the performance improvements are going to make it a heck of a car. I for one cannot wait to drive it after we take delivery.

Hey DC, sent the first 2 Canadian cars to Beattie Dodge PLEASE

Craig

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point Rick,

I know there are a TON of lurkers who really like the SRT - I've been talking with a bunch of you over email, and I'm sure there are a lot more. I hope some of you folks will post and just tell us your opinion of the car or what you like about it?

I'd be especially interested to hear from folks who don't have a Viper right now but are interested in the SRT. What car are you coming from looking to get into an SRT?

For the folks that are just itching to hijack the thread and say they hate the SRT, can you please hold off just for ONE post? Thank you.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too love the car. I believe the car will be a big hit and the automotive press will shower it with accolades. DC is addressing the problems of the first two Generations while they enhance its strengths.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My .02 cents. It is a Viper and as such is part of the Viper, beginning, middle and end of story.

Doesn't really matter what my or anyones opinion is of it.

Mike don't worry if you are in the majority or the minority. It is what you like and that is all that matters. And it IS a Viper.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael,

I am not in the least worried about whether the majority agrees with me or not
smile.gif
. I just feel bad because I converse via email with quite a few people who really like the SRT - as I do. Some of these folks have said they don't want to post because they know they will be jumped on, or they want to discuss their excitement and hopes for their new car without having to address challenges or complaints from folks who don't like the car.

I'm also curious what people see in the car that makes them like it, since some folks obviously don't like it at all.

For me, I like the more subtle look, the performance #'s, and the promise of an easier to drive, better all around car. The rollbar on the RT was a big dislike for me on the RT/10. I generally like coupes (never owned a convertible), but the SRT swayed me. I also didn't like the car that much at first, but now I like it alot. I also think it grew on me alot when I saw it in person - seemed lower and wider than in pictures.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You the man Hans!

I like the car more than the current because it is more subtle and will not attract attention like in the past. But I am an old -- excuse me -- very mature man, and don't like folks paying too much attention to the color of my hair when I'm in the car. With the SRT's European style, I should be accepted as the wealthy seasoned exec I am not.

I like the: subtle style, power, refinement, real convertible (plan to go on real trips in this one), deadpedal, better radio, sidepipes, in that order.

Just thinking as I was driving around last night leaving some tire on the street -- if I were in my twenties or so, I could probably have more fun in the current model because of the attention it gets. It's nearly constant, but to me, kind of annoying now.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I Can't wait!

I always was a horsepower and performance guy, and the SRT will definitely set a benchmark that the others will struggle to match!

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have 99 RT, cannot wait to get my new red srt-10, love my RT but get tired of changing out my top so I can feel the wind and the heat of the sun.Hate to have to stop and put on the rag top so when I travel I usually go with the hardtop on.This will be what makes the car so popular beside The HP also I think the car looks great.

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think DC has throughly thought how the SRT\10 will fit in with the RT\10 and GTS.

And fit in beautifully it does.

It will not be in direct compition with either of the current Vipers but will only make the public more appreciative of the existing Vipers. This is DC basis for not offering either a Coupe or removeable roof model.

Think about it, if DC had come right out with a new GTS or RT what would it have done to our much loved Vipers we all own. We are talking serious depreciation or Gen 1 and 2 model compromising. Without either of these models being replaced DC is assuring future value, collectibility and pride of ownership.

The marketing plan is exceptionally thoughtout, something GM (Corvette) has never been able to accomplish. Have any of you guys seen the values of C3's or C4's lately? We are talking cents on the dollar.

With DC current plan, all produced Vipers will not be replaceable and thus not depreciate but will become highly collectiable.

DC has my total respect.

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The night I turned on the computer and saw the SRT10 for the first time (Hang On)I felt sick, I do not own a Viper and truthfully don't ever know if I will be able to. But I think I'm in the running for one of the biggest Viper fan awards, that said back to the post, I looked at it and saw the Jag,Vette,and Camaro just like most. I printed a picture of it and kept it in my pocket and pulled it out about once an hour for about a week Trying to like and the more I thought about the power and the looks and what it would be like when its on the road, I FELL IN LOVE!! It's bad ASP I'm a huge Dodge lover and Die hard Viper nut. Friends and Family tell me when they spot a Viper or anything Viper related(ok I've got a sickness :LOL
smile.gif
My point is wait till they are NOT just at Car Shows and 50 of them are at Voi 8,Think about racing next to one or the Tingle in your belly when your driving and you look over on the other side of the street and spot one.(Don't lie,you still get excited when you see any Viper on the road) Ok I'm done sorry so long,Sincerely Dodge Viper NUT....Hope this makes people Happy...

FANGS/Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it,don't know if I love it yet, haven't seen it in person. I think it would or will look great in the pit next to our 96 GTS, but it will never replace the GTS in my heart. But then the GTS dosn't replace my feelings for our 65 Vett, it's just a different place in the heart.

Can a man love more than one woman? Not very easily ;). Can a man love more than one car? Absolutely!!!

Some do, Some don't, some will, some won't, I might!

singlemd4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new Viper SRT also. I agree with Frank 01 GTS about what attracts me to it. I wanted a more driveable car. A fast one but with a deadfoot, real convert, more power, better radio etc. It seems like the 2003 will have these things. This will enable me to drive it to work, long trips etc. However, I still plan on keeping my 97 GTS , to me its a classic which i do not believe the 2003 will be.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 0.000002 I'm not crazy about the looks of the new SRT. The inside looks like my Dodge Intrepid, the front looks good but the back....hmmm The most important reason why I did not put my name in for SRT was that it was a vert. I'm in to road track events and many of the tracks will not let the vert in. it looks like the new SRT will be a Vette on drugs. I just wanted a crazy race car like Cobra.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the new 2003. Considering there is NO way you can ever improve upon "perfection", I'm VERY satisfied with what we will get. I'm probably going to "tweak" the look of the sharp right angle behind the front wheels, so it's a little bit more rounded...... but that's just me. I enjoy personalizing my cars.

However, mechanically, this new model is a true bonanza for those of us who really appreciate what a car can do when pushed to its "all around" limits. I actually plan on having a lot of laughs when performance tests start appearing in the "usual suspect" magazines. I'm betting THEY will be knocking the car's looks too, first because of trying to compare it with the previous "visual" perfection, AND, also because they will not be able to "dis" it from any other perspective. Futher, I expect to see a whole lot LESS performance comparison tests with other cars in those same magazines. With the new brakes, even better handling, a better aero package, less weight and stunning power performance, it's going to be such a WIPEOUT versus the "supercars" of other advertisers, that ......... well, you figure it out. And, as far as the Ford GT40 goes....... yeah...... right...... let's see what the FINAL "production" configuration and performance will be, what the final price will be, and how many they'll REALLY make. I will say though, that their odds of something really decent improved a hundred fold with the addition of "OUR" Viper guy, Neil, to their team.

Thanks Dodge. Basically, you gave us everything we asked for in all our focus group meetings, and it's getting close enough now that I'm starting to feel that same, familiar, Viper adrenelin every time I think about getting behind the wheel of my OWN new 2003 for the first time. I'm so anxious I've already moved some funds around..... so I'm ready to buy it TODAY! Get busy! I'm ready to make flight reservations to come pick it up anytime you say!
smile.gif

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new styling. While the current style is outrageous, I am not. I love the Viper for its performance and handling. I grew to hate it for its looks and the reactions it would gather.

The knew one is toned down in looks and tuned up in performance. A real ragtop and good brakes. I like it.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two posts from Mr. Non-Hijacker. How many will it take before you do hijack, huh? We get one or two that have never posted, and they haved something positive to say, so let's see who else likes the car without intimidation.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, The SRT/10 was meant to be an ADDITION to the family, as is the Comp Coupe. With these new versions, our LITTLE group has 4 choices of the Viper experience. Some people will have all, and some one, but it does allow CHOICE.

OP
OP
H

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jon,

Out of steam - Now way ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, can you feel heat coming you way (soon that is).

Great to hear from you. Too bad we never kept the contact, but guess we will able to meet up more frequently when my SRT number finally comes up (that is if you dare being seen crusing around with an evolutionary and more potent snake - hehe).

My wife sends her regards to you and your girl friend (she still talks about the great show ride you gave us. Thanks for that; since then I have had no issues on why I am getting a viper. So I guess I owe you big time - I am sure ONE ride in my SRT-10 will convert you over to the bright/dark side.

Keep in touch, If you guys are ever in the Miami area let me know, our house is a always open for fellow viper owners.

Best regards

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent pix of the SRT-10 to a couple of the young guys in my office. The white-bread Sacramento guy with the Inf. G20 said he thought it looked like the love child of a mustang and an s2000,

but........

The hip, trendy asian guy had never seen it before and he went nuts!! He thought it was the greatest, yummiest treat for the eyes he'd ever seen! He wanted to know ALL about it, and was so impressed that he came over and talked cars and insurance for many minutes...

The sad part is that he won't be able to afford it for another 10 years.
frown.gif

Wonder who they're designing for?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't take Hans for a ride, he's bad luck! Hans, do you remember this one at Homestead? Hans is the one to the left, standing holding the helmet.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
H

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chuck,

I take full blame - if you agree not disclosing to anybody that I was scared for 2 minutes - hehe. I had a great time and this was by far the vildest and greates ride I have ever had.

ALL BEWARE, CHUCK DRIVES TO AND BEYOND THE LIMIT - I LIKED IT AND I WASN'T SCARED !!

Hope you are well these days and keep maintaining both you wild vipers. I am currently in Chile on biz but I will back some time mid May and I was actually planing to visit a couple of clients in Tampa towards end of May - maybe we could get together - that is if you dare.

Hopefully I will soon join the Viper family though I am not sure if new SRT-10 will be accepted by everybody - I dare you to the limit.

I will give you call when back in town.

Best regards

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck...

Looks like the lady in the hat is noting that your car DOES NOT have the much treasured MGW License Frame
smile.gif
...and is wondering if that lack of weight distribution to the rear of the car was a reason for the situation...

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

P.S. Can't wait to get my SRT10 and strafe some whiner parades
smile.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hans, looking forward to it. Let me know.

Clark, she was actually checking out the driver and wondering why I couldn't be good looking AND a good driver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang