I saw the SRT/10 Sunday and I think ...

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally !! I saw it in person while in Ohio this weekend at the Columbus Int'l Car Show. Before hand I thought if I saw it, I'd finally come to a single conclusion on whether I was going to switch or not, I guess nothing's that easy.

First, I really liked it, overall I thought it was beautiful, both inside & out, and I saw no fit & finish issues, it looked tighter than my RT/10 all around. I spent an hour total around the car & listening to people, I only heard big compliments on it. I know we all have our different tastes, but how anyone seeing it in person could liken it to the S2000 or camaro, I guess my imagination is too weak to make that connection.

The big question I need to answer is, yes I think it's a beautiful powerful, etc. car, but do I like it MORE than my current snake. That, I just don't know. I love my current snake, and it's tough to think of switching.

So, I've got more thinking to do. Unfortunately I didn't have a negative reaction, that would've made things easy (I was expecting to not like the car actually). FWIW, I liked it a lot and appreciate all it has to offer, but I'm not sure if it'll topple my current love yet.

PS: this one on display had the rear bottom air foils, that I think people have said were not on earlier show-displayed SRT's.

Dave. (now I'll stare my pic's some more)

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Daffy;

Thanks for the positive report!

You mentioned your pictures, would you post them for us? Also, what did you think of the color, and did you get a chance to hear the beast run? I would enjoy any more comments you wish to share.

Thanks!

Jim

OP
OP
D

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Additional comments:

I got pics on a cheap throw away camera, I'll try to get them dropped off tonight & see how they turned out. I'll definitely post them if they turn out.

No run time, but I could easily see inside completely, etc.

FWIW, areas I really studied on the car were:

- fit & finish, seams, etc. some posts suggested it this was a problem, to me they looked great, much better than current snakes, very tight, bright red looked great.
- fender lines, bulges; I really wanted to try & tell if the rear fender bulged any & envision how a hardtop might affect those lines. I was pleasantly surprised here, the rear fenders have a significant bulging that doesn't show at all in pics, I believe with a hartop to emphasize the top fender lines, you'll get the dramatic comp coupe effect of a muscular stance.
- the front; I really liked it, the ram air inlet bulge in the hood is dramatic enough for me, the hood appears inset to the fenders creating a look like the face of a snake with the center ram air bulge, I though it was aggressive, as one guy next to me put it to his friend, "Man, that looks mean".
- the wheels; in pics I hate them, in person they were cool, not lovin 'em, but they worked.
- rear lower air foils; look very cool from the back, like it's right off of the race track, in fact the little built in wing on the trunk is about twice as dramatic in person than in pics, I liked the look from the rear, it just looks like a race car to me
- side exhaust; not a fan of this, I like my 3" belanger tips out the rear, but the sides in person are clean & everyone was commenting about them positively, so...
- interior; I was expecting it to not be good, I've seen posts from guys saying the interior looked cheap, etc. But, I thought the interior was sweet, the seats IMO are to die for, much more race look than current, the shifter, bezel, the riveted dash covers, I was really surprised, looked like an exoctic interior to me
- I didn't like how the top folds down, I don't like having the top of it showing like it does, no big deal on a black car, but, it's a ********* area on a red or silver car

Well that's probably more than anyone would care to read, and my major thoughts / findings. Hope it helps a bit.

Dave.

ViperRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's going to be in the Denver car show this month?I've got one on order and I am anxious to see it in person.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Daffy, good job!
smile.gif