I saw what might be the 1st production '03 SRT's being delivered today

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw what might be the 1st production \'03 SRT\'s being delivered today

I went to pick up my RT today out of Service dept. from Valley Dodge in L.A. County and the people there all know me as a big Viper nut. Well the owner asked me if I wanted to see a special Viper and I said "sure". It was a black 2003 SRT going to none other then Jay Leno. Nice looking car but not "my" cup of tea, I even declined a ride, but for those who are waiting take heart it's starting to happen.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: I saw what might be the 1st production \'03 SRT\'s being delivered today

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
I went to pick up my RT today out of Service dept. from Valley Dodge in L.A. County and the people there all know me as a big Viper nut. Well the owner asked me if I wanted to see a special Viper and I said "sure". It was a black 2003 SRT going to none other then Jay Leno. Nice looking car but not "my" cup of tea, I even declined a ride, but for those who are waiting take heart it's starting to happen.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might have to take a trip over there this weekend. How long is it going to be there?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron- So Jay Leno offered you a ride? It would not sit well with me if the dealer was offering rides in my new car.
How many cars were there? Wondering if they shipped a whole truckload. Good news that cars are moving.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess Jay can afford the lux tax...Celebs first? Ok by me, until I see an SRT in a rap video, or on MTV cribs. Famous Viper people first is OK, every puff daddy wanna be is not.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff, one car only, no truckload!

The car is already gone, my timing was perfect. Jay did not offer me a ride the dealer did beacause the had to do a quick "shakedown" to make sure the car was OK (I think he knew I'd decline also), after all I am one of the more knowledgable people concerning Vipers.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Ron, was that another "warranty" repair? $25k and climbing?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Large auditorium stage, lights dimmed to near blackness.

Lighting whispers over the wooden floors and the boots of lead singer for Dire Straits scuff across the floor, until...........

Lightning flash , speakers pound, and ..........he wails.......

" Money for nothin and Vettes for free,aaawwwwwlllll I want is my SRT!!"

Sorry , guys/gals we are all frustrated, but the car was delivered by DC ( not the dealer ) , it has 1600 miles on it ( Prototype ) and it was wisked out by the Men in Black.

Oh, well, maybe it will grace the Tonight Show, or some automotive series,but one thing for sure, it will be a big help with resale ----- Jay do love his Vipers.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Bill P is right........Some NBC promo for Leno, not his car.
Maybe even ER's Dr. Kovac's replacement after he 'wrecks' his GTS in Dec series?

Trivia: Jay DID get the 1st retail Black Viper, back in 1993.

There are NO CA-Certified cars ready to ship anywhere, and no others will ship til early 2003 for that matter. Look at the bright side.....we will all save the lux-tax!

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Uh, I don't know of any Kovac that is a doctor!?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I feel sorry for Mr. Leno, there was only one black SRT at VOI, we certainly all drove it in an enthusiastic manner, I took the time to record the VIN, would it be amusing to find out it is the same car, SoCall did you note the VIN?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Jay Leno, if you are reading this-

<FONT size="5">Howdy!</FONT s>

Love your show! Saw you drive some very interesting cars up to the studio. Air cooled Franklin! Boy, how many of them are left?

Maybe you could come to a VCA meet?

And if Jay isn't reading, just ignore this message, and the nut posting!

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
I went to pick up my RT today out of Service dept. from Valley Dodge in L.A. County and the people there all know me as a big Viper nut. Well the owner asked me if I wanted to see a special Viper and I said "sure". It was a black 2003 SRT going to none other then Jay Leno.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So they treat you nice? I went there earlier in the year to look at a Suburu WRX and they wouldn't let me drive one
pissed.gif
. And I drove up in my Viper!

Ron, do you give them care packages to get such good treatment?
laugh.gif

BTW when does your Comp Coupe arrive?

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic:
Jay Leno, if you are reading this-

<FONT size="5">Howdy!</FONT s>

Love your show! Saw you drive some very interesting cars up to the studio. Air cooled Franklin! Boy, how many of them are left?

Maybe you could come to a VCA meet?

And if Jay isn't reading, just ignore this message, and the nut posting!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is Jay a VCA Member? If so it would be cool to see him at a SoCal event, maybe even Willow Springs?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Him and his upper-crusty entertainment type friends probably rent out the whole track for a private day of shredding.

One time I was sitting parked in my work truck, out on Van Nuys Blvd, in front of Valley Dodge. I was looking at their Vipers out near the front. Someone in the dealership noticed me looking, and then went and got one of their big vans, and parked it right square in front of the Vipers. Didn't do anything with it, just parked it right in front of the Vipers, smiled at me as he got out, and left it there. So I left, drove around the block, and coming around again, the van was gone. I guess looks are'nt free anymore. Strange behavior for a dealership, that is in business to attract customers and sell cars.
rolleyes.gif
I don't look like a car theif, do I?