I sure hope this is true "New Dodge Viper To Be Revealed Next Month"

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A New York unveil?! I yelled when I read that!! I need to somehow get a press pass!!

OK...BEFORE I HYPERVENTILATE AND NEARLY DIE...

1. Is this ABSOLUTELY true? Can I get a PM, written letter, e-mail, etc from Marv, Chris, Bob, Lee, or Tom?! An April unveil at NYIAS? Cause seriously, April? I feel like this is probably the cruelest April fools joke that's being played out on me. I have a hard time believing that the gen V is going to show up at NYIAS instead of the NAIAS or the LA auto show. THIS IS SO HUGE.

2. I've graciously been on these forums for the last 10 years, and so help me Chad, I will continue to do so for the next decade till I get one of my own. I have loved this car like no other, it's an extension of me that runs through my vains since I saw my first one in a dodge dealership, a little more than a block from my house that no longer exists anymore. I went down to Englishtown and Red Bank to the old NE Zone Rendevous' as a KID, which led me to meeting then VCA president Joe Houss who set me up with my first ride in a 96' GTS at the same event, I then went to the Warnock car shows, rode with Dimitirios in his yellow RT/10 down main street in Somerville for the annual Viper event there that used to be extremely popular. I've made some GREAT friends over the last few years because of the legacy Team Viper has left on every race track, parking lot, twisty back roads and driveways.

In 05' I went to the NE Zone Rendevous for the final time and it was there that some Viper owner had told me I had a good eye for photography so...I looked into doing photo​graphy and I stuck with it. Since then I've been cranking out some amazing photos for friends that have become clients and clients that are now friends.

I have been to every single New York International Auto Show as long as I can remember. Since 06' I've probably shot roughly over 1200 photos from that event alone but I've never, not even in the last 3 years of trying of getting them, have been able attend a press day. If the gen V Viper is coming to NYIAS in April, I want to be there and I want to cover it but I need help, I don't want to miss this or watch from my computer at home, I need to see this in person.

--RS