i-van Appraisal on my '01 GTS - Nice Surprise!

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i-van Appraisal on my \'01 GTS - Nice Surprise!

After seeing another person mention i-van (International Vehicle Appraisers Network), I called them to have someone sent to my house to do my GTS. They came out and spent over an hour looking at the car.

I about fell over when they brought the final report to me today >> $76,000!

The quality of the report itself is excellent, in a bound folder complete with loads of details, and high-res pictures. There's even a separate version for my insurance purposes. The appraiser studied every inch of the car, then did substantial amounts of research using rarity, desirability, and pricing comparisons and trends.

He rated the GTS as a strong #1; 99 point car. (It would have been 100, but he deducted for the aftermarket shift knob!). His overall impression was "Absolutely stunning 1 of 86 model". He told me that he assigned it such a considerable premium because the car is spotless inside and out, not a single scratch, scuff, smudge, or nick anywhere. He used the term "Appears to be non-driven" a couple of times in the report.

I'm a realist. Having the 'proof' does not magically make an '01 GTS worth $76K. That said, it did magically make my agreed value policy worth $76K. And I'll be sure to show it to any young ladies that take an interest in the car. But I suppose I'd have to drive it for that to happen :)

Mike M

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: i-van Appraisal on my \'01 GTS - Nice Surprise!

Now you just need some velvet ropes!

Mines used, scratched here and there, but I figure you can't take it with you when you go, might as well enjoy it.

Either way, congrats, thats a great report! :2tu:

OP
OP
M

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sold for $79K new with the Gas Guzzler and delivery. I know the number is high, but like I said over at VA - Let's just let that be our little Gen II secret.

Yeah, maybe it is the color!

Mike M

OP
OP
M

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bruce, hopefully the sapphire GTS appraisals are signs of very good things to come!

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holy crap ... good to see!

I guess 01 is a good year!!