I want a SRT.

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 Gen 2 coupes and have had several others. I put the 2" seat lowering kit in them and it is just right. I would like a Gen 3 car but I have sat in several and I just dont fit. I am 6'5" and weigh 240lbs. Is there a way to make the gen 3 cars comfortable for tall people? I am looking for a silver or red car for around $55000.00.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put the 1'' kit into my SRT/10 and it's fantastic. You may want the 2'' but it's not adjustible. I had the 1'' in my GTS aswell. I'm 6'2'',220ibs

I’m 6’2’’, 220ibs and I sold my GTS and bought an SRT/10 convertible. I really like the convertible a lot and if your not going to track the car I’d go with the SRT/10. I just put a 1’’ adjustable seat lowering kit in and it make all the difference. The seat bolster are snug, but I drove it home from NC with no issues. As far as the coupe, I like the lines of the convertible better.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have no problem with a 2003 in that price range but you are going to be looking at higher mileage cars but if you are in no rush, you can get lucky with a lower mileage car.

As for the height, you should be okay with the lowering kit.
Good luck with your search.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have no problem with a 2003 in that price range but you are going to be looking at higher mileage cars but if you are in no rush, you can get lucky with a lower mileage car.

As for the height, you should be okay with the lowering kit.
Good luck with your search.
Keith- I cringe everytime you comment about gen3 pricing. :D

I've heard taller folks have a harder time squeezing into the srtc, even with the seat lowering kit. And you can forget about wearing a helmet to go with it. Us atmospherically-challenged people will rule the world! :nana: :nana: :nana:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Keith, how have you been? Me, I really have been enjoying my SRT and looking forward to the many mods we are continuing to do. Besides the Paxton/exhaust mods I previously had done, it will now have a Quaife, lite weight half shafts, FJO WM, 12 lb. pulley, racelogic with launch control, etc. I have also decided to go with the Autoform hood, Venom Aero front fascia and rear diffuser installed too. I still need to decide street tires using 19 and 18 rims. I have the Purner 18's and BFG drag radials for the strip. Can't wait. I'm never going to be able to get out of this beast anything near what's been put in...probably the value now is only what it's worth to me. It doesn't even have 1000 miles on it I believe. Anyway, I need your advice. I've been looking to add a GenI/II to my stable and have found on the internet a few Sapphire Blue RT-10's with the Cognac/Connelly interior. They all appear to be in pretty good condition, fairly low mileage considering their age and the sellers have been asking ranging from $19250-$27,750. Most of the sellers have been advertising in the Trader. Please let me know your thoughts as to what I should be looking at. Thank you.

Warfang, you're still an idiot. If you respond, try not to use the word insecurity. Why is it that anyone that disagrees with you is insecure?

Larry

Smile guys, let's keep our sense of humor.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
XLR8, I hope that you find a gen3 in your price range because I know that you will not regret buying one. I had a gen 1(RT/10), gen2(GTS) and now have a 2004 white mamba SRT-10 and I love it. I'm probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest viper owners that I know( 6'6" 305lbs). My advise is to get a 2" seat lowering kit and have someone(slightly) bend out the side seat bolsters and this will make life a lot easier and enjoyable while driving your viper....Good Luck!

OP
OP
X

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information you guys. I guess I will get the 2" lowering kit. The search is on.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Keith, how have you been? Me, I really have been enjoying my SRT and looking forward to the many mods we are continuing to do. Besides the Paxton/exhaust mods I previously had done, it will now have a Quaife, lite weight half shafts, FJO WM, 12 lb. pulley, racelogic with launch control, etc. I have also decided to go with the Autoform hood, Venom Aero front fascia and rear diffuser installed too. I still need to decide street tires using 19 and 18 rims. I have the Purner 18's and BFG drag radials for the strip. Can't wait. I'm never going to be able to get out of this beast anything near what's been put in...probably the value now is only what it's worth to me. It doesn't even have 1000 miles on it I believe. Anyway, I need your advice. I've been looking to add a GenI/II to my stable and have found on the internet a few Sapphire Blue RT-10's with the Cognac/Connelly interior. They all appear to be in pretty good condition, fairly low mileage considering their age and the sellers have been asking ranging from $19250-$27,750. Most of the sellers have been advertising in the Trader. Please let me know your thoughts as to what I should be looking at. Thank you.

Warfang, you're still an idiot. If you respond, try not to use the word insecurity. Why is it that anyone that disagrees with you is insecure?

Larry

Smile guys, let's keep our sense of humor.

You're not insecure... you're just compensating for your shortcommings... oh wait, you don't have a yellow GTS. :D

Lighten up chuckles.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

You're not insecure... you're just compensating for your shortcommings... oh wait, you don't have a yellow GTS. :D

Lighten up chuckles.

[/QUOTE]

'bout time, buddy :2tu:

As far as my shortcommings, well.......I have no answer!!! Oh wait here goes :needpics:

drive safe
Larry

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
unreelviper-----

6'6'' 305lbs. that has to be a SOB getting in and out.

I'm 5'6'' 160 solid and smack my legs on the steering wheel in/out. Not that i can't get out of the car but in the summer with shorts on it gets even harder.