Idle air control valve ?

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My idle is not as steady as I would like it and I have searched this forum and determined I think this may be the culprit and I would like to clean it. Can anyone please tell me what part is the iac valve? Anyone have any pics? I am not 100% sure where/what part it is.

Thanks in advance!

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My idle is not as steady as I would like it and I have searched this forum and determined I think this may be the culprit and I would like to clean it. Can anyone please tell me what part is the iac valve? Anyone have any pics? I am not 100% sure where/what part it is.

Thanks in advance!

On my Gen1 car...if you look at the passenger side of your engine, up front you will see a hose from the air box leading into the IAC. Two bolts secure it to the block, remove carefully as not to damage the gasket. When you have the IAC removed be careful not to damage or loose the O ring inside. You will probably notice a buildup of carbon on the pintle. Get a can of spray injector cleaner, spray a little on the build up and remove all carbon deposits and reinstall. Good idea to clean your Throttle bodies also while your at it. Hope this cures your problem.