I'll be the first to post in here

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be first, but I'm the best! ;)

Anyway, it should be Carolinas because that's the name now!

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings,
What can you guy's tell me about Cheraw? Is it a nice town to move to? My wife and I were planning on talking with a couple of realtors in July. We've been checking on various locations, so far mainly in North Carolina in the Asheville area. But, SC has family in Greer. I saw Cheraw on the TV the other night and it looked appealing. What do you think?Besides, I think the riding season would be a lot longer and I could enjoy the weather more.

Man_Car

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asheville is really nice and you'll see all four seasons there. I'm about 2 hours south of NC and we only see three seasons. It snows about every 4 years or so. We're wearing shorts in December if that tells you anything.

I'm not familiar with Cheraw, sorry. However we need more Viper owners in SC. Seems like the SC guys polish their Vipers on the weekend instead of driving them. :rolleyes: Good luck in your search. ;)

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shorts in December? That sounds great to me along with just 3 seasons. I want to get away from the cold and the snow, so once every 4 years is very nice. I won't need the snowmobiles or the plow then. Cheraw looks like it's situated near the NC border and towards the coast. The nearest town is Windsor Park. My wifes brother lives in Greer after moving there from Plum Branch, her sister lives in Alabama and parents live in Florida. Retiring there would bring us closer to family.
Polishing the Viper on weekends is much better than seeing it covered in the garage waiting for the weather to break and from all the sand on the roads to be washed away from spring rains. You guy's would hate it here, I know I do.
How strong is your membership? Do you do a lot of rides and functions?

Man_Car

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The functions are mainly in NC or GA. I just got back from a Rockingham NC meet (see thread under gen II) which was a blast. Other than that Lake Murray Viper and I try to get out for some cruises. I haven't seen many SRT's here so come on down. There are some really good cruises with the mountains near by, ocean and dragstrips. We just need to get these bums motivated to play. :rolleyes: Keep us informed if you come down.

OP
OP
L

Lake Murray Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheraw is a nice town but it is small. I like small towns but some people like the city environment.

There are quite a few Viper owners in SC but they tend to be collectors more than drivers:confused: . I don't drive mine near as much as I would like because I have too many hobbies. I have been thinking of selling mine for this very reason:dunno:

Good luck on your search

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guy's,
We've been looking at a move down south for years now. I have 5 years left to retirement and I'm chompin at the bit to get down there. My wife watches the HGTV shows all the time and Cheraw was on it just this past week. I love small towns too and Cheraw has a population of about 3800 much like the town we live in up here, (Bolton, MA).
LMV, I too have thought about selling my snake for the reason as you. It's covered up in the garage all winter and I don't drive it much either. However, when I take that cover off and get it all cleaned up and sparkling, I get a reality check and decide to hold on to it. Well I hope I get the chance to one day cross paths with you before you do decide to sell, an active club would maybe change your mind. We're very active up here, maybe because we're all in the same boat about keeping them under wraps all winter. You guy's drive safe and have a great season, hope to a part of your group in the future. I'd go now if I could.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the NC Viper action happens in the Triangle area (i.e., Raleigh-Durham), BTW.

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been speaking with Kevin for quite some time about holding a dyno day and tour of UGR.

So far we have not been able to set it up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456