I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of "Copperhead" details or pictures.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I\'m extremely disappointed in the lack of \"Copperhead\" details or pictures.

Hello;

I've had a 2K deposit with our beloved Bill Pemberton since last Sept/October and even Bill doesn't have any official pictures to share. I am getting very frustrated, as I love my SRT-10 Roadster, and the Copper Metallic could be sooo cool if it's anything like the Prowler's "Mandarine Orange Metallic".

SRT/Daimler need to at least put a roll-bar on this car if they are not giving us anything more than a special color, interior, and wheels.

My current Viper is one of the first Silver SRT-10's from January of 2003. I really hope that SRT/DC are planning on adding some performance enhancements to the Copperhead Viper; unfortunately, the talk here does not seem to think anything will be different after 3 model years.

WHY NOT?

I ordered a beautiful Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it took 6 months to get it. The option list was incredible in it's offerings. The Turbo is a hand-built car and you can spend whatever you can afford.

I realize that emissions/ regulations are a problem. SO... why can't we order a factory installed rollbar, shocks, a Quaife Diff, Cat-Back sport exhaust (ok, maybe that would not meet DOT db level restrictions), etc. The SRT-10 is a "Hand Built" car, right? I can see no reason why SRT/DC can't let us "option" our Vipers with these mentioned items.

Anyone care to share Copperhead pics, facts, etc? How about supporting the "Factory Options" request I would think would be so logical? Why can't we order factory installed "K&N" filters, for example?

Let's express our desires folks! Oh, I forgot to mention that I would also order .373 rear-end from the factory if I could (yes, I would expect an up-charge).

Just makes Cents for D/C and makes us happy and saves aftermarket hassles!

Jim W.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m extremely disappointed in the lack of \"Copperhead\" details or pictures.

I ordered a beautiful Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it took 6 months to get it. The option list was incredible in it's offerings. The Turbo is a hand-built car and you can spend whatever you can afford.

I realize that emissions/ regulations are a problem. SO... why can't we order a factory installed rollbar, shocks, a Quaife Diff, Cat-Back sport exhaust (ok, maybe that would not meet DOT db level restrictions), etc. The SRT-10 is a "Hand Built" car, right? I can see no reason why SRT/DC can't let us "option" our Vipers with these mentioned items.
We ordered an Cayenne too (an S) and the options list went on for 29 pages! We laughed about the almost unlimited Cayenne options compared to those of the 2004 Viper--black, red, silver (cup holder comes standard). In the end, we ended up with a vehicle built specifically according to our needs and desires. It was our first dealing with Porsche, but it certainly will not be our last!

I agree with you that it would be nice if Vipers had a few options as well, such as wheels, exhaust, suspension, hard top, etc. But then again, you can always modify the "base model" or "entry level" Viper once you've driven it home. :usa:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m extremely disappointed in the lack of

Not to get off track (I agree with all of the above), but I just found out yesterday that Woodhouse also owns/operates a PORSCHE dealership! My oh my...

I think the Vipers would sell a lot more if there were options offered besides colors. With the last Gen II's, you could order different interiors (Cognac), stripes, ACR packages (and then add back in the radio and A/C), and had your choice of two different models to boot. The result was that everybody had at least a somewhat unique vehicle. Unlike the current set up, where your car is very likely to be identical to 1/3 of the SRT's already on the road.

Rather than "badge and limit" cars like the Mamba, VCA Edition, etc., just offer the packages as an option. Looking for red interior accents for your SRT? No problem, that will be a $2,000 option. Want your hood striped like the VCA Edition, or maybe the entire car like the Coupe? $1500 for the hood stripe or $3,000 for the entire car (inflated manufacturer prices, of course). How about the pathetically simple RB1 navigation radio? $1875 just for you. And let's not forget those new 5-spoke wheels: $2000 and they are yours.

Sorry Dodge, but with the styling a bit more mainstream these days and the power on par with many other brands, you have a LOT more competition than you did ten years ago. Perhaps that is why Porsche has a very short supply of many of their products right now and is setting sales records in the US:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/04/01/027085.html

That, and the fact you can soon pick up a Cayenne with 600 horsepower looking like this certainly doesn't hurt:

You must be registered for see images

And they don't call it a Mamba either... ;)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Wouldn't be surprised if some folks are not already thinking somewhat in the same vein as you suggested Chris. The color issue and pictures are somewhat typical for DC, as we often get the car before the photos are out. There should be some in Dealerships in a week or two, so we should have examples relatively soon.

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the comments;

Actually, I expected my post to cause a response stampede.

OK, I have a serious love of Viper's. My Woodhouse modified 03' SRT-10 is as perfect a Viper as I have owned (3 so Far). For almost $90K I should be be pretty exited and would have worn out my "Vapor Viper" Brochure from staring at the pictures of the Copperhead and turning pages reading about the new features! Sadly... I don't even know what I would actually be paying for.

I normally trade Vipers every two years or so. No improvements on the Copperhead, so, I would just be buying for a "Mystery Color", a fresh warranty, and $5K plus to change over my Woodhouse installed engine mods.

I guess I'll just have to see it and have a hot flash of desire?

Boy, that picture of that new Cayenne Turbo that Chris posted is making me think about calling my (Woodhouse?) Porsche dealer and ordering one! I figure it'll take a year before I see it, if it can even be ordered yet.

OPTIONS! That's what I want. Not just visual eye candy. Which box do I click to add the Aluminum "Hemi" V-10", etc?

Thanks,

Jim W.

:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi